PDA

View Full Version : Need Transport Company names PLEASE :)

luckyduck
Nov. 12, 2010, 08:23 PM
Aged medium pony going from Tallahassee, Florida to Ledyard, CT. I have already contaced Sallee (no route), Creech and Brookledge...waiting on a response. Any company's from New England Area?

Thanks ALL!

CBoylen
Nov. 12, 2010, 08:33 PM
This time of year from FL you should try everyone, you never know when you can get on a load.
Try MJR http://www.cothclassifieds.com/Classified/ListingDisplayPrint.aspx?lid=33 and DJ http://www.johnsonhorsetransportation.com/.

luckyduck
Nov. 12, 2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks CBoylen....e-mailed one and have to call other in the AM....

Silk
Nov. 12, 2010, 08:49 PM
My foxtrot baby came up using Holly Hill transport and I would use them again without hesitation. Call them and ask if the have anyone coming up. They were very accommodating and the drivers really liked the animals...you could tell. They refered to them by name, which I thought was nice.

luckyduck
Nov. 12, 2010, 08:59 PM
Silk....e-mailed them...THANK YOU!

NaniLio
Nov. 12, 2010, 09:03 PM
Creech picked up a mare for me last night (albeit 3:00 am). They were fantastic to deal with and kept me updated on their ETA. Their rig was brand new and all of the horses had full hay nets with beautiful hay, full water buckets, and clean stalls. They even had a groom that was traveling in the back with the horses who really seemed to care if they were comfortable. I've used many large commercial and small time shipping outfits, but these guys have gone to the top of my list to call next time I need something shipped.

I hope they give you a call back. When they picked up this mare they were going from NY to Ocala. Tis the season to run up and down the east coast ;) Good luck!

Hunter/JumperMom
Nov. 12, 2010, 09:09 PM
You could also try Willam J. Barry out of Wilton, CT 203-762-0611 or 1-800-624-4844, I know we have horses starting to go south as early as next week, so they will have trucks heading back. They ar great to deal with.

STA
Nov. 12, 2010, 09:11 PM
Try NYCONN they have trucks up and down all the time or Johnson transport.

luckyduck
Nov. 12, 2010, 09:16 PM
WOW! thanks guys...I have a lot of calls to make in the morning!

Giddy-up
Nov. 12, 2010, 10:18 PM
C&E Horse Transportation - Craig Sappington

I know he's based in IL,but they have been doing weekly FL runs. My friend just had him pick up a horse in Georgia & couldn't be happier with the service. Worth a call just in case he can do it.

Phaxxton
Nov. 13, 2010, 07:25 AM
KLR Horse Transport -- smaller than some of the big guys, but REALLY good. Email is RitterHawkEye@aol.com and they are good about returning emails. :yes: I've used them for 2 long distance hauls, and the horses arrived on time and in excellent condition.

ImJumpin
Nov. 13, 2010, 11:01 AM
Check your PMs. I had a horrible experience with Brookledge.

tasia
Nov. 13, 2010, 11:07 AM
JR Hudson

Elouise
Nov. 13, 2010, 03:35 PM
I second JR Hudson - they are going back and forth to FL now. I have also used Potomac Horse transportation. Both based in MA, but Potomac was in ME for a while.

I would recommend Johnson too, but they do not come as far north as CT (pretty much stop in PA).

I have used all three of the above and love them all.

Great group!

jump_lv
Nov. 13, 2010, 07:06 PM
Sport Horse Transport!! Can't say enough good things about them. Based out of Las Vegas but do hauls all over the country, currently heading to Florida now actually. http://www.sporthorsetransport.com/ check em out :)

clearound
Nov. 14, 2010, 10:08 PM
I used Beacon Hill last winter to ship my horse from Wellington to PA. I know that they will go further north as well. Have nothing but great things to say about them. They picked up on time, kept me posted along the way and dropped him off without a scratch. They will be shipping him down south for me this winter.

luckyduck
Nov. 15, 2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions...I have calls into everyone...and hoping that Monday will bring some offers to get her shipped up here.

Jo
Nov. 15, 2010, 09:21 AM
Try Equine Express - not sure if FL to East Coast is a regular route, but I loff them like whoa. They brought one from PA to TX for me last weekend. :)

shoponee70
Nov. 15, 2010, 11:17 AM
you can also try steve loheac
hes in the carolinas but is up and down the coast all the time.
They are def. a show horse family, super nice wicked clean rig with all the amenities. 828-863-2010, Steven@stevenloheachorsetransportation.com.

Summerwood
Nov. 15, 2010, 02:07 PM
You may also want to try Painted Oaks transport, based out of north FL. I used them last year, they don't have a fancy rig but it is clean, well-kept, and they are super nice. They were excellent. I have shipped lots of horses around and they were one of the better ones I have dealt with.
http://www.tanwater.com/paintedoakstransport/

You may also try C & W, they are out of MI but I'm pretty sure they make regular north to south runs on the east coast.

Good luck!

showidaho
Nov. 15, 2010, 04:15 PM
Try Equine Express - not sure if FL to East Coast is a regular route, but I loff them like whoa. They brought one from PA to TX for me last weekend. :)

I second this sentiment! They just hauled one out to CT for me and both he and I couldn't be happier with how it went! :)