PDA

View Full Version : First time doing this... Video - Critique

Rebelpaintrider
Nov. 11, 2010, 01:55 PM
Been a while since I've really posted... Don't think I've ever asked for a video critique ether, But here's my Paint X haffie X + some... I've had him since he was 2.5, did his training and he's now 11... Trying to decide if I want to market him as a Hunter or jumper...

And any nit picks anyone see please feel free :)
I'm well aware of my chicken wings too... can't seem to ditch those

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrg4LZq722E

-T

HRF Second Chance
Nov. 11, 2010, 03:46 PM
I'd say stop pumping so much with your arms. Wait for the 2nd fence to come to you and stop hunting it with your upper body.

He's very cute, obviously likes jumping! I think he'd probably be more fun and happier in the jumper ring just because he looks pretty handy and he jumps quick off the ground. Super cute horse!

spacytracy
Nov. 11, 2010, 07:43 PM
He is adorable! I have a haffie cross too and just love him to pieces!

Czar
Nov. 12, 2010, 06:32 AM
In your video, he goes like more of a jumper and you are riding him like more of a jumper (well, I might add :))

He seems like he might have a bit of a short step. Will he relax & stretch out without getting quick? If so, he could be a hunter as he has an adorable jump.

Addison
Nov. 12, 2010, 07:16 AM
Cute jump but not really enough to video to be able to critique. A huge aspect of any hunter trip is how the horse carries himself around the ring, does longer lines and waits on a long approach to a single.

From what you have shown I would say he is better suited for the jumper ring.

Rebelpaintrider
Nov. 12, 2010, 08:23 AM
Thanks all, He does have a short step, he'll open up a hair more... line was a really long 4 or a tight 5... we've done hunters... done alright in them... but as he gets older he seems to want to do jumpers.

We may try a jumper debut here soon and see what happens :):)