PDA

View Full Version : My High Boots Are Dying!

make x it x so
Nov. 11, 2010, 11:56 AM
Hey guys, just wondering what the standard protocol is for a dying pair of high boots. I am IN LOVE with my boots, but the other day, I noticed that there is a wear-spot, soon to be a hole, on the inside calf right where the boot-pull loop is attached.

The boots are calfskin DerDaus (not custom), and I've gotten a good 7 years or so out of them, but I don't know if I'm ready to move on.

Is there any hope for salvaging them and keeping them show-quality, or are any patch-salvage methods going to deem them as barn-only comfy boots? I'd like to do something sooner rather than later so that the hole doesn't get big and make them irreparable.

Thanks!

STA
Nov. 11, 2010, 12:11 PM
Go to a good cobbler or back to DerDau, they can put a calf patch on your boots. You will not be able to see it when your are riding.

make x it x so
Nov. 11, 2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for!

Slight redirect- I have two horse shows this coming weekend (one on my guy, and one IHSA)- does anyone know of a way I could protect the weak spot so that it doesn't get destroyed? These are my only boots, so I don't have anything else I can ride in (plus my calves are difficult to fit, so I can't really borrow).