PDA

View Full Version : Who are the traveling tack shops for the h/j shows?

vbunny
Nov. 10, 2010, 04:51 PM
Who are the traveling tack shops for hunter/jumpers shows? Who do you really look forward to checking out when you show?

chloelovesyou1
Nov. 10, 2010, 04:58 PM
Bevals and Hadfields!

By George!
Nov. 10, 2010, 05:19 PM
Custom Fox, Anne Hubbard's, Quail Hollow, and Running Fox in addition to Hadfield's (my favorite).

Hunter/JumperMom
Nov. 10, 2010, 05:24 PM
koker also - the big orange rig

Lives2Jump
Nov. 10, 2010, 09:59 PM
The Farm House and Judy's Tack Shop

sansibar
Nov. 10, 2010, 10:28 PM
I wish Hadfields came up to Ontario!

We have running fox, bahrs, greenhawk, horse smart international, and marigolds at most of the A shows up here.

The royal going on now has about 20++ different tack stores plus all the other vendors there for agriculture, pets, food etc.

Pirateer
Nov. 11, 2010, 01:23 AM
The Farm House and Judy's Tack Shop

Definitely!

shoponee70
Nov. 11, 2010, 10:38 AM
Seconds ( or thirds) on Farm house!
Theyve got 2 mobiles now.. ones in raleigh for Duke this weekend and the other is in Conyers for Classic Co. along with the store. and.. THEY SHIP ANYWHERE =D
LOVE THEM ! ( im not partial or anything! lol)
www.farmhousetack.com
864-457-3557
I love there deals of the day on there facebook page!
Many of them end up in there 'closeout closet'
Last week i got an edgewood pony bridle padded for half off!
LOVE IT! =P im still debating on snatching one of those e'wood fuzzy girths for

They also started a 'wish list' on there website to make it easy to find out what people are looking for and get them what they want!

BAC
Nov. 11, 2010, 10:46 AM
Hadfields is my favorite. I wish I lived in the South so I could experience Farmhouse in person but I buy enough from their website instead, they are awesome. :yes:

DMK
Nov. 11, 2010, 11:19 AM
The Farm House and Hadfields, by far

PNWjumper
Nov. 11, 2010, 01:10 PM
In the NW it's The Stirrup Cup and Olson's that I look forward to checking out the most. They're also the two that are at most of the big shows (with several other smaller tack shops that haul in to some of the other shows).

I save up many of my purchases for horseshows. This last season I bought the following at onsite tack shops between April and September:

GPA SpeedAir
several show shirts
water resistant hunt coat
Back on Track mesh sheet
additional set of Back on Track quick wraps
new bridle
several bits
sent a pair of boots to get altered
several new pairs of breeches
New pair of clippers ($300 body clippers)
Several jackets (fleece jackets and sweatshirt-type jackets)
and many other little bits and pieces along the way (gloves, leather cleaner, fly spray, etc.)

I like to give my business to people that I know and like (as opposed to "faceless" entities like Dover or SmartPak) and I don't care if it's a little bit more expensive. That's also partly because the owner of the Stirrup Cup has given me some screaming deals in the past (like a $600 pony bridle for $200) when she has something that was special ordered and then not picked up. It's also helpful to be able to try things on (I don't have any tack shops close enough to where I live to make it easy to do that on a regular basis).

Thoroughbred1201
Nov. 11, 2010, 03:06 PM
Chris at the Stirrup Cup is fantastic. I always have to check her out. She's the best for used saddles as well. You tell her what you want, and she searches it out on her travels.

Like you PNWJumper, I've gotten great deals from her as well. She's a fixture, just like Olsons. Two of the very best for selection and service.

shoponee70
Nov. 12, 2010, 10:29 AM
ohh i bet hadfields or beval would be cool, they must travel up north alot. Might need to find an excuse to hit a show up there sometime ! The one time I went up to Saugerties there store up there wasn't open =(
( bevals) It was sad, we were all looking in the dark store windows drooling.. probably better it was closed.. would've spent too much for sure. =D

ForTheLoveOfHorse
Nov. 12, 2010, 11:09 AM
Farm House
Judy's
Collierville
Quail Hollow