PDA

View Full Version : Clinic help

KitCat
Nov. 9, 2010, 08:03 PM
So Im super excited because I have a jumping clinic tomorrow and all my horsey friends have done them but Ive havent had the time nor money before now. In all the excitement I forgot to ask some of the basics as this is my first one... so I thought I should ask my fellow COTHers

1. What do I wear? Ill be wearing my coach's helmet since I don't have a show one
2. What should I expect in regards to the fact that I have never jumped the horse before...long story
3. Anything else?

Thanks in advance!

Lucassb
Nov. 9, 2010, 08:06 PM
Spotless breeches, polished boots, and a comfortable, fitted top that allows the clinician to see your position. This time of year in our area, that usually means a turtleneck with a fitted sweater and/or a vest for warmth.

Use a hairnet, wear gloves, and have a stick and spurs.

Horse should be gleaming and perfectly groomed, wearing whatever you normally use to school in (but please, conservative colors - no pink floral pads, bright polos, sparkly anything!) A plain white square pad plus a half pad OR a regular fitted pad is fine. Tack should be cleaned and gleaming with all metal polished to a high shine.

Have fun! Clinics are wonderful opportunities!

KitCat
Nov. 10, 2010, 12:04 AM
Thanks!
That's great to hear about the turtlenecks. It will be at 7:30pm and the forecast says 55-60 degrees, so maybe a polo (one piece of info my coach did recommend) and something like underarmour underneath?