PDA

View Full Version : Laura Kraut's Cedric Sold to Saudi***Only a rumor!***

Hunt'sEndFarm
Nov. 9, 2010, 04:32 PM
For a reported 7 million! Anyone know which Saudi bought him?

scheherazadetbmare
Nov. 9, 2010, 04:39 PM
Will Hickstead be next? Or which horses?
Everytime I fill up my gas tank.:lol:
Well I'm glad the Saudis are getting such great horses.

pony grandma
Nov. 9, 2010, 04:44 PM
The CoTH issue wrote about them having a sponsor that makes the purchases for Saudi Equestrian, which I suppose is the team. From there I guess that it would depend on the fit/need for the choice of rider.

That is sad news, Cedric was a very special horse for Laura. Remorsefully this is becoming 'a way' of creating the funding that is needed by riders to keep on going with their next mounts. Especially here in the states having to depend upon independent financing.

Horseshowaddict
Nov. 9, 2010, 05:39 PM
That is sad news :(

Secret Dove
Nov. 9, 2010, 05:54 PM
What!!!!:o:uhoh: Laura said in the chronicle that he would never be sold and will stay with her forever! I guess his owners decided to sell him? I'm shocked and very sad for Laura. She loved the horse. Such a lose for Team USA!!!:no:

flyracing
Nov. 9, 2010, 06:06 PM
Very sad for Laura and the US team, but a good start on US trade deficit. If it is indeed 7 mil, I imagine the commission should keep her going for a while and provide for potential of horse power expansion by way of quality young horses (Laura's and the owners).

I foresee the Saudi's as unstoppable by 2016 (where are those games again?) :eek: Quick... must... learn... arabic. :lol:

MHM
Nov. 9, 2010, 06:08 PM
I believe the horse's owner passed away last winter, so, not a huge surprise he was sold if there was a good enough offer on him.

Laura's had many good horses- hopefully the next one's right around the corner. :)

MichiganHunter91
Nov. 9, 2010, 06:21 PM
Unfortunately that's the business for any rider who rides a horse for another owner. The owner either sells or wants them back for their own leisure.

Plus, I know Laura's next big superstar is around the corner :)

akrogirl
Nov. 9, 2010, 06:22 PM
I feel bad for Laura, the US team and the sport. One of the reasons show jumping was so popular when I was growing up was that horse/rider partnerships tended to stay together longer and people really got to know them. I am a fan of the sport and I still have a hard time keeping up with which rider is on which horse from one season to the next.

chunky munky
Nov. 9, 2010, 06:27 PM
Peter would have been so happy for all Laura has accomplished with his horse. But times change. He will be well taken care of and most likely raise the love of horse sports with the Saudi's. They are showing a great love of the sport horses, and support of horse sports.

CoolMeadows
Nov. 9, 2010, 06:27 PM
I believe the horse's owner passed away last winter, so, not a huge surprise he was sold if there was a good enough offer on him.

Laura's had many good horses- hopefully the next one's right around the corner. :)

The original owners passed, and ownership went to one of their family members. I hope he continues to be successful and agree that Laura will no doubt have or make another special one soon. I liked watching that pair though, they looked like they really enjoyed each other.

chunky munky
Nov. 9, 2010, 06:29 PM
It was a special pair.

Gunnar
Nov. 9, 2010, 07:08 PM
It was a special pair. I have fond memories of them in Beijing. I felt like they were just getting great! :cry: He will be missed!

lauriep
Nov. 9, 2010, 07:18 PM
I feel bad for Laura, the US team and the sport. One of the reasons show jumping was so popular when I was growing up was that horse/rider partnerships tended to stay together longer and people really got to know them. I am a fan of the sport and I still have a hard time keeping up with which rider is on which horse from one season to the next.

Oh, that isn't really true. When Bert was at the team, he shook things up fairly regularly. And owners have moved their horses from one rider to another forever. It is unfortunate, but when you can't afford to own them yourself (like McLain has ownership in Saphire), then you are subject to the owner's whims.

And the Saudis' growing interest in the sport can only be good for U.S. and European sales.

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Nov. 9, 2010, 07:29 PM
I'm sad to see him move on from his previous partnership, but I hope his sale will bring him to a new happy, healthy home and do great things for our sport overseas.

chunky munky
Nov. 9, 2010, 07:34 PM
Totally agree Laurie. When owners stand up, we will be able to keep the horses on our ground. Peter did it. Miss him, bless him.

SmplySweet1021
Nov. 9, 2010, 07:43 PM
Awww I was talking to her about her bond with Cedric at WEG. He absolutely loves her. I got a few quick shots of them together, she would walk away and he would be watching where she went. :sadsmile:

redlight
Nov. 9, 2010, 07:45 PM
They had a great partnership and I am sad to read this. I really feel for the riders who have to rely on owners to provide horses for them to ride because they are as others have said at the mercy of those owners. It reminds me of Nicole Simpson who went through the same thing earlier this year.

Summit Springs Farm
Nov. 9, 2010, 08:05 PM
No, No, NO, again people. To the ones that say its business or whatever Lauriep says.
Anne K is a very special friend of mine and I totally know whats going on, thanks to her. (Who trained LK and knows her very well)
Laura K has/had a very special connection with Cedric. And yes it is sad.
And many times it was not all business back in the day, as unfortunately I was there,(cause that makes me really old) as a kid, I know, lots of owners wanted to have great horses.

M. O'Connor
Nov. 10, 2010, 08:42 AM
Edited as this has turned out to be an unfounded rumor!

Now how will I go about getting myself unquoted...

HRF Second Chance
Nov. 10, 2010, 09:17 AM
First they take over horse racing and now this? Just kidding.

The horse is a cherished part of the Arabic culture so buying the best of the best isn't suprising. It's sad for her because she clearly loved him but I do agree it's only going to be what's best for the sport.

It's an interesting time to see what happens now with international competition with an emerging country starting to do well.

Beth Rasin
Nov. 10, 2010, 10:02 AM
Laura Kraut just called our office here at the Chronicle. Apparently she's been getting calls from all over the world offering condolences, but Cedric has NOT been sold.

Laura said, "He is not sold, will not be sold, and is having a nice rest in England, where he is furry and dirty."

Straight from the horse's mouth.

MIKES MCS
Nov. 10, 2010, 10:03 AM
and look how well horse racing is doing in this country , NOT!

MHM
Nov. 10, 2010, 10:15 AM
Laura Kraut just called our office here at the Chronicle. Apparently she's been getting calls from all over the world offering condolences, but Cedric has NOT been sold.

Laura said, "He is not sold, will not be sold, and is having a nice rest in England, where he is furry and dirty."

Well, that's good to know.

So how did this story get started?

(P.S. Love that she called The Chronicle to set the record straight! :lol:)

horseymichelle
Nov. 10, 2010, 11:18 AM
sad, but i can't wait to see what she rides next!

tidy rabbit
Nov. 10, 2010, 11:25 AM
No, No, NO, again people. To the ones that say its business or whatever Lauriep says.
Anne K is a very special friend of mine and I totally know whats going on, thanks to her. (Who trained LK and knows her very well)
And many times it was not all business back in the day, as unfortunately I was there,(cause that makes me really old) as a kid, I know, lots of owners wanted to have great horses.

What??? I read your post like 5 times SSF and I still can't figure out what it means. :lol:

magicteetango
Nov. 10, 2010, 11:28 AM
Glad to hear he's furry in England, but I don't know if there would be a horse I couldn't part with for $7 million... especially if it would be a good home. What a way to help our "horsey" economy if this were to become a regular occurrence.

BAC
Nov. 10, 2010, 11:36 AM
What??? I read your post like 5 times SSF and I still can't figure out what it means. :lol:

Well I am glad I'm not the only one who had trouble with that post. But if SSF "totally knows what's going on" then why doesn't she know that it was only a rumor? I'm even more confused now. :confused:

Anyway I'm happy if Cedric is staying with Laura, but even if he isn't he will have a good home. And let's not forget, didn't Edward Gal say much the same thing before finding out that Moorlands Totilas had indeed been sold?

lauriep
Nov. 10, 2010, 11:46 AM
Well I am glad I'm not the only one who had trouble with that post. But if SSF "totally knows what's going on" then why doesn't she know that it was only a rumor? I'm even more confused now. :confused:

Anyway I'm happy if Cedric is staying with Laura, but even if he isn't he will have a good home. And let's not forget, didn't Edward Gal say much the same thing before finding out that Moorlands Totilas had indeed been sold?

Make that three of us. Glad he isn't sold, but life would go on for Laura if he was.

Hunt'sEndFarm
Nov. 10, 2010, 12:31 PM
My apologies for reporting an unfounded rumor!!!

I heard the news from a reputable source and didn't question it--thought it was very exciting news and wanted to share.

I am relieved and happy this amazing horse and rider will continue to represent the USA!

S A McKee
Nov. 10, 2010, 12:40 PM

Ok, as it seems to have been just a 'story' you need to get with your "special friend' . ..

When you really 'totally know' what's going on get back to us.

Secret Dove
Nov. 10, 2010, 12:53 PM
Make that three of us. Glad he isn't sold, but life would go on for Laura if he was.
Make that four of us. I'm still scratching my head wondering what SSF means. If she has a "special" friend, you'd think she'd know that it was only a rumor.:confused:

I'm glad that Cedric is staying with Laura. I'd hate to see the two of them broken up, they make such an amazing pair and he loves her so much!:)

Secret Dove
Nov. 10, 2010, 12:54 PM
Ok, as it seems to have been just a 'story' you need to get with your "special friend' . ..

When you really 'totally know' what's going on get back to us.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ozone
Nov. 10, 2010, 01:04 PM
Typical .... Saudis are grabbing up everythin good from the states.

loshad
Nov. 10, 2010, 01:19 PM
Typical .... Saudis are grabbing up everythin good from the states.

Except when they're really not (as in this case). ;)

And make that five of us. If you're going to namecheck a BNR and assure everyone that you "totally know whats [sic] going on," it might be good to, you know, have the real story. Or at least give everyone a REALLY good rumor for the mill.

Janet
Nov. 10, 2010, 02:43 PM
Can you please go back and change the title of the thread to indicate that it was a false rumor.

My apologies for reporting an unfounded rumor!!!

I heard the news from a reputable source and didn't question it--thought it was very exciting news and wanted to share.

I am relieved and happy this amazing horse and rider will continue to represent the USA!

Secret Dove
Nov. 10, 2010, 06:12 PM
Glad to hear he's furry in England, but I don't know if there would be a horse I couldn't part with for $7 million... especially if it would be a good home. What a way to help our "horsey" economy if this were to become a regular occurrence.
Normally an owner would part with a horse if they were offered 7 million(if that's true in this case) but when you have a horse like Cedric who's a special horse it's hard to part with him! I know if I were in that position I wouldn't part with him!!;)

MHM
Nov. 10, 2010, 06:21 PM
It's a little hard to say what anybody would do with an offer like that on the table.

Cedric's late owner may have been in a position to turn down such an offer. Not everybody is so fortunate.

englishivy
Nov. 11, 2010, 08:03 AM

I just wanted to kind of clarify this to what I *think* SSF is saying.

I ride with Anne K and speak to her very often, and she is very much a great and special friend to have. ;) She did train Laura K throughout her junior career (she is quoted in the PH article with LK on the cover) and I am sure remains quite close to her.

But Anne is not one to gossip or spread information that really isn't hers to spread; so I imagine that although the statement might imply on the surface that SSF and AK had a conversation re:Cedric and Laura, I think not. Rather I am reading the "it is sad" statement as a litteral one-if the rumor was true, it is quite sad for LK who has made it clear more than once that she has a great connection to this horse. And that for LK, it isn't all business for her.

I know from my own conversations with Anne K that one of Laura's greatest gifts in the saddle is her empathy and compassion for the horse...which I think is obvious to anyone who watches her ride Cedric.

Secret Dove
Nov. 11, 2010, 10:09 AM
I just wanted to kind of clarify this to what I *think* SSF is saying.

I ride with Anne K and speak to her very often, and she is very much a great and special friend to have. ;) She did train Laura K throughout her junior career (she is quoted in the PH article with LK on the cover) and I am sure remains quite close to her.

But Anne is not one to gossip or spread information that really isn't hers to spread; so I imagine that although the statement might imply on the surface that SSF and AK had a conversation re:Cedric and Laura, I think not. Rather I am reading the "it is sad" statement as a litteral one-if the rumor was true, it is quite sad for LK who has made it clear more than once that she has a great connection to this horse. And that for LK, it isn't all business for her.

I know from my own conversations with Anne K that one of Laura's greatest gifts in the saddle is her empathy and compassion for the horse...which I think is obvious to anyone who watches her ride Cedric.
I agree 100% that one Laura's greatest gifts in the saddle is her empathy and compassion for the horse and the sport isn't all business for her. You can see how much the horses love Laura,they want to do well and please her.

Laura is one of the sweetest, warm loving person I've ever met in my life. I'm honored to have had the opportunity to get to know her! :)

lauriep
Nov. 11, 2010, 07:29 PM
See? This is what owners sometimes decide they can do:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/michael-jung’s-weg-winner-taken-his-barn

MHM
Nov. 11, 2010, 09:04 PM

Ugh. I hate it when stuff like that happens. Poor horse.

BAC
Nov. 12, 2010, 10:12 AM

Its very unfortunate when something like this happens, I had read the intiial reports about Jung being able to keep his share of the horse as well as the ride, now it appears he won't even get to do that. Its tough when the rider doesn't own the horse, they are at the mercy of whoever holds the purse strings. :(

Jumphigh83
Nov. 12, 2010, 10:22 AM
I think that is a metaphor for life, generally. :(

ne1
Nov. 12, 2010, 02:36 PM

Would have been fantastic while you had her on the line if she might have been reminded not only that Cedric is a registered Holsteiner, but also that his misrepresentation in competition as a kwpn horse has actually managed to corrupt the WFSBH annual studbook rankings this year.

It would be super if he might be accurately represented as the Holsteiner that he is going forward. It is understood that riders aren't too concerned about these things, but to have such a significant horse misrepresented as he has been does have an impact in the breeding community.

Those who monitor the breeding threads will be familiar with the details.

BAC
Nov. 12, 2010, 02:53 PM
Would have been fantastic while you had her on the line if she might have been reminded not only that Cedric is a registered Holsteiner, but also that his misrepresentation in competition as a kwpn horse has actually managed to corrupt the WFSBH annual studbook rankings this year.

:rolleyes: It is not the Chronicle's responsibility to do this.

HRF Second Chance
Nov. 12, 2010, 04:36 PM

How do I say this without getting censored?

That's *beep*ed up!!! That's really sad because apparently all these people are after is the money meanwhile he's concerned with the horses' well-being.

Summit Springs Farm
Nov. 12, 2010, 05:23 PM
Sorry girls, too much wine during that post, what I meant to say is that its sad when a horse does go, not implying Cedric did.

I also did not mean to come off as I know it all about LK and Cedric.
I just happened to be speaking about them recently due to WEG, got to see them go in person/horse very cool!
so go back to your conversations, I'll try to stay off the vino next post, but no guarantees!!!;)

Its also a pet peeve of mine- rumors!