PDA

View Full Version : AQHA World Show free webcast on this week

Plumcreek
Nov. 9, 2010, 10:24 AM
This link has the schedule and two arenas. Norick arena is the main arena and the Performance arena is for some class preliminary rounds. Show will run for aanother week or so.

http://www.aqha.com/en/Showing/World-Show.aspx

Open Working Hunter prelims Wed am, as well as amateur trail finals.

mypaintwattie
Nov. 9, 2010, 11:46 AM
Plum, I have it on now and find that the screen is frozen. Are you having that issue too?

Dapple Dawn Farm
Nov. 9, 2010, 12:24 PM
my screen is frozen as well...

mypaintwattie
Nov. 9, 2010, 01:01 PM
back on... eq over fences is next!

Plumcreek
Nov. 9, 2010, 01:20 PM
I know that this show is not the quality of horses and riders just webcasted from Syracuse, but the point of this show, and expecially this ammy division, is that the legions of 2'6" - 3' riders here on COTH can watch and see that this show is a goal they can achieve.

theinstigator
Nov. 9, 2010, 01:23 PM
I know that this show is not the quality of horses and riders just webcasted from Syracuse, but the point of this show, and expecially this ammy division, is that the legions of 2'6" - 3' riders here on COTH can watch and see that this show is a goal they can achieve.
And, they might win a belt buckle as big as a dinner plate!!! LOL :)

I've always wanted to cross over to AQHA. Maybe that should be my next plan....

ToTheNines
Nov. 9, 2010, 01:35 PM
Yeah, looks fun! I immediately recognized one of the judges names when they announced them at the beginning, as being a well know hunter person in Texas. Maybe the others are too. So good for the AQHA for having specialty judges.

I posted earlier this month about the ApHA World Show, which had only cowboy judges and which I am done with! I will keep my Appy at the hunter shows and find me a nice QH for sure!

mypaintwattie
Nov. 9, 2010, 01:36 PM
And, they might win a belt buckle as big as a dinner plate!!! LOL :)

And a huge gold trophy:D

Some good rides so far, can be tricky to see things on the webcast. I'll be there later this week to watch the finals in person!:winkgrin:

Coreene
Nov. 9, 2010, 03:06 PM
Nothing like the AQHA World. I just LOVE watching it.

Plumcreek
Nov. 9, 2010, 04:34 PM
Team Penning (cow chousing, really) is on with 34 teams and $46K prize money.

Plumcreek
Nov. 11, 2010, 09:51 AM
Yeah !!

COTH member Baker Blanket just won the Ammy Hunter Hack for the second year in a row in a tough class of 44 starters. Trained by Sparky's daughter Lainie Deboer. The 'winner story' link should be up on the show site in a couple hours.

http://www.aqha.com/en/Showing/World-Show/Amateur-English/Hunter-Hack.aspx

Baker, I did not get on the computer in time to see your jumps, but the rail work was really nice !!

Nice to see the HH rail work looking more like hunters on the flat than in past years.

baker blanket
Nov. 11, 2010, 11:49 AM
Thank you! Lucy had a little pooping issue to the first jump, but other than that, the fences were easy. :) She was amazing on the rail, I couldn't be more pleased with her.

Lainie is the best, and I am SO HAPPY Sparky was there to cheer us on. What a great day!

Sparky
Nov. 11, 2010, 01:01 PM
Hooty Hoo to you and Lucy!!

hasahorse
Nov. 11, 2010, 06:43 PM
Hey Sparky, what happened to Jessica Johnson in the Equitation over fences? I did not get to see the prelims and was surprised to see her missing from the finals. She is a lovely rider and I love Royalty in Blue...I would totally snatch him up if he ever came up for sale...

Sparky
Nov. 11, 2010, 09:00 PM
Jessie had a miss on the bending line in the prelims, so didn't make the finals. Just one of those horse show moments. But she will be in the flat eq final tomorrow and has both of her horses in the working hunter finals as well-- tomorrow is a busy day!

Plumcreek
Nov. 11, 2010, 10:35 PM
Can I say how much I love live webcasts? We just ate dinner watching the big screen TV linked to my computer; first the AQHA Amateur Cutting finals from OKC, then the Gambler's Choice jumping from Sacramento. Life is good.

Coreene
Nov. 11, 2010, 10:39 PM
Baker, you looked FABULOUS, and Lucy is darling! Sounds like you're all having a blast - Sparky, be sure you and Wattie sit low enough tomorow so that you can wave at the cameras. :yes:

Sparky
Nov. 11, 2010, 11:29 PM
I have our seats all picked out :lol:

RojoPony
Nov. 12, 2010, 12:39 AM
Thank you! Lucy had a little pooping issue to the first jump, but other than that, the fences were easy. :) She was amazing on the rail, I couldn't be more pleased with her.

Lainie is the best, and I am SO HAPPY Sparky was there to cheer us on. What a great day!

Awesome

I hope tomorrow is a repeat (except for the pooping)

sandsarita
Nov. 12, 2010, 01:07 PM
Looks like HSE is the next class, followed by over fences. I wanted to see what everyone's opion is on the flat work for eq? I watched the prelims in person, and while I loved the open pattern that included a hand gallop, I was disappointed that most riders didn't take advantage of the pattern style and let the horses move. A lot of it probably has to do with most of the horses being more western style all-around horses. I think only one went over fences, and don't remember very many english style horses. Hopefully everyone has good rides both on the flat and over fences. Definitely some nice rides Tuesday on the courses. And congrats to Baker blanket on her second win! Now off to the trainers for me shortly, and I am sure my hunter trainer will think I'm insane if I start workin on HSE patterns for my greenie :)

Coreene
Nov. 12, 2010, 02:24 PM
Sparky, looks like it's gonna be another party - congrats to Jessica! World Champion Eq Flat. Girl, that is one seriously cute horse. He can come live in my barn any day.

Flash44
Nov. 13, 2010, 08:11 AM
I love how so many of the riders have owned the horses since they were very young! Raymond Coulty is adorable - it's nice to see an amateur who owned and competed the dam of both his mounts!

Sparky
Nov. 13, 2010, 09:45 AM
That's so true Flash. Jessica has had Royalty In Blue for 9 years--ever since he was 2 and she was 12. And Baker Blanket bought Lucy as a 9 month old weanling!
Open finals today-- they're estimating about a 2pm (CST) start.

fordtraktor
Nov. 13, 2010, 10:15 AM
Congratulations baker blanket! Your horse is lovely.

Did anyone see how big they built the Amateur Jumpers at the World and Congress? Hard to tell exactly from video.

gusbabe
Nov. 13, 2010, 01:36 PM
All i am getting is advertisements. Do I need to click on something else?

Plumcreek
Nov. 13, 2010, 02:12 PM
They show sponsor ads while dragging the arena and setting up for classes. Ads mean the show is on.

Loved how the judges asked the 2 year old WP riders to increase the walk in both directions. Sheesh. You'd think they would understand the points they would gain by training for an actual walk.

MHM
Nov. 13, 2010, 02:36 PM
Are there classes over jumps today? If so, about what time?

And out of curiosity, who is Jim Norick?

RojoPony
Nov. 13, 2010, 03:19 PM
There is progressive, jr & sr working hunter this afternoon. Progressive is after the halter class that is now being judged

Congratulations Bakerblanket on winning the the amateur reserve allround horse & rider

Plumcreek
Nov. 13, 2010, 03:39 PM
For those who might wonder, "Progressive" is the politically agreed-upon name they came up with for the 2'9" class between 2'6" green hunter and the 3' hunters.

Plumcreek
Nov. 13, 2010, 03:41 PM
And out of curiosity, who is Jim Norick?

http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encyclopedia/entries/N/NO008.html

It is cold, and I would rather sit here and google than go outside and do my work.

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Nov. 13, 2010, 03:44 PM
Jumping is on the schedule for 7 tonight.

jvanrens
Nov. 13, 2010, 04:56 PM
Argh! Anyone else having the live feed going all jerky? Of course it was perfect during the halter class...

ToTheNines
Nov. 13, 2010, 05:04 PM
They are looking at the white oxer! I missed the first four trips, but otherwise like Allie Gator Pie and Diversified Artie for the progressive!

jvanrens
Nov. 13, 2010, 05:35 PM
They are looking at the white oxer! I missed the first four trips, but otherwise like Allie Gator Pie and Diversified Artie for the progressive!

Is it the white one or the one on the other line? Either way there's something about that fence that's bothering a lot of them!

ToTheNines
Nov. 13, 2010, 05:55 PM
Sometimes there is a glare on the white jumps indoors. I liked Jerry's second ride, Iron Reason and the Icecapades horse in the junior.

FAW
Nov. 14, 2010, 11:53 AM
Sometimes there is a glare on the white jumps indoors. I liked Jerry's second ride, Iron Reason and the Icecapades horse in the junior.

I love Icecapades. Her barn name is Rosie and is very sweet. Glad she had a good round. I missed it on the live feed due to the strange way they cut away from the halter class and didn't give you any heads up to when the jumping was going to start.

She was ridden by my trainer, Cynthia Moore of CO.

Plumcreek
Nov. 14, 2010, 01:09 PM
There is a pretty fun trail class prelim going on in the Performance arena now. Nice course. There will be a class break shortly, then more trail prelims.

Noctis
Nov. 14, 2010, 08:07 PM
HUGE Congrats to BakerBlanket! Way to go!

Plumcreek
Nov. 15, 2010, 01:21 PM
Hunter Hack prelims on now.
Sure have some good judges for the over/fence division:

1. PATRICK RODES
2. ROBERT BIELEFELD
3. SCOTT HOFSTETTER
4. CINDY HALE (Has shown over fences)
5. KAREN K GRAHAM

mypaintwattie
Nov. 15, 2010, 02:32 PM
I'm just back from my first ever trip to WORLD, I saw some amazing horses and riders. The quality of the horses there is outstanding. I must give a huge THANK YOU to Sparky and Baker Blanket, who convinced me to come out and join them- I had the time of my life! Congrats to them and the entire team. Can't wait for the HH finals!:)

mypaintwattie
Nov. 16, 2010, 02:30 PM
Bumping this up- Jr and Sr Hunter Hack are later this afternoon!

ToTheNines
Nov. 16, 2010, 02:40 PM
If you get an idea what time for the HH, will you let us know? I think the AQHA is top notch. If I get another horse, it will definitely be a quarter horse. I would love one that jumps like Sonnys Hot Jazz. Or maybe a Chocolua baby. The tall lanky TB-ish look seems popular, but I will take a bit of a chunk anyday. Had an Indian Artifacts appy at one time, but it was a handful! You want a TB look, I guess you get the TB motor!

Curious to see how the HH is judged. Loved that there were some top notch judges over fences.

Sparky
Nov. 16, 2010, 02:55 PM
It's looking like about 3 cst

carasmom
Nov. 16, 2010, 03:05 PM
I have a 6 month old filly by Sonny's Hot Jazz out of a 17h TB mare in my barn. She's already jumped out of the paddock and very, very cute. Bay with a star and 2 white hind socks and is going to be fancy! :)

rainechyldes
Nov. 16, 2010, 03:15 PM
ugh,, every year I look.. well watch. then I end up seeing a section of western riding - and tune off in disgust. :/

ToTheNines
Nov. 16, 2010, 03:27 PM
I have seen a lot of improvement in the past few years. Curious if the "headsets" win or the ones that are actually good movers.

In my opinion, it is different from the h/j shows, where if you have a winning mover, the judge pretends to not see if you have a wobble or two. In the breed shows, it seems like the judges are looking for mistakes. So you end up with less brilliant movers that are very consistent being the winners.

Will be curious to see how these classes are judged... and would love to hear from the more knowledgeble folks on this forum.

Loved the HH horses, a fun class to watch!

Plumcreek
Nov. 17, 2010, 03:21 PM
Open trail finals are on -I think they are setting the course - always fun to watch.

fordtraktor
Nov. 17, 2010, 03:24 PM
The On Record horse that won Senior Working Hunter was lovely! Not surprised he supposedly shows at USEF shows as well, one could easily mistake him for a WB.