PDA

View Full Version : Beezie Madden

ponyjumper525
Nov. 8, 2010, 10:04 PM
I've heard that she was found through IHSA riding. Is this true? Which college did she go to?

Thank you!

Equsrider
Nov. 8, 2010, 10:05 PM
I think Beezie went to Southern Sem, and was coached on the IHSA team by Russ Walther...

MHM
Nov. 8, 2010, 10:19 PM
I don't know if I would say she was "found" through IHSA. I believe she was already a pretty good rider when she got there. :)

Green Acres
Nov. 9, 2010, 08:12 AM
I think Beezie went to Southern Sem, and was coached on the IHSA team by Russ Walther...

That's correct! I was a year behind her at Sem and she was a fantastic in college!!! She was also working with Katie Monahan during college and showing some with her at that time.

Beezie was in a league of her own at Sem. She was by far the best rider in a school full of riders.

Life is Good 2
Nov. 9, 2010, 08:49 AM
She showed ponies in Wi as a little girl. After HS I worked in a tack store and one evening we got a call asking if we could stay a little longer because someone needed a pair of gloves. I stayed and the little girl was very sweet and polite, the little girl was Beezie.

Equsrider
Nov. 9, 2010, 09:30 AM
I only remember that Beezie went to Sem because I beat her at Ihsa Nationals. They use to have an Exhibition Jumper class set at 4', one rider from each zone was selected to ride. I had know Russ for years before as he use to train in my area....Beezie was the clear favorite to win, and I comming from a small community college was not even considered to be in the ribbons....I always kid that, that was the one and only time I beat Beezie Patton Madden!!:)

Roo
Nov. 9, 2010, 10:17 AM
Life is Good 2, I grew up in Wisconsin and also remember Beezie as a very sweet and polite pony rider. Even back then, she struck me as being more thoughtful and self-possessed than the other kids her age. I have distinct memories of her sitting quietly by herself and watching the 14-17 equitation divisions. It seemed that she wanted to learn as much as possible from everything going on at the show. When I returned to the sport after a 20 year break, I wasn't surprised to find out that she'd grown into a superstar.

Ponyjumper525, Beezie was a very accomplished junior rider and I believe she had high placings in both the medal and Maclay finals. She trained with Mike Henaghan during her junior career.

Heineken
Nov. 9, 2010, 10:27 AM
Beezie's parents owned a lesson barn in Wisconsin and I grew up riding there. She was a very accomplished junior rider who worked for everything she had. Always a class act, always kind to the littlest girls (me!) at the barn who hero-worshipped her when she was home teaching special lessons...

chunky munky
Nov. 9, 2010, 12:34 PM
Beezie was a well known and successful rider prior to college, as others have said.

ParisHillEC
Nov. 9, 2010, 12:36 PM
Beezie is always so kind and patient when my younger students bombard her with questions and ask for autographs. :)

MHM
Nov. 9, 2010, 01:04 PM
Beezie's parents owned a lesson barn in Wisconsin.

I was sitting right near them at Syracuse. They were very cute every time she came in the ring, and obviously very happy with Beezie's success. :)

Heineken
Nov. 9, 2010, 02:04 PM
Kathy and Joe Patton are awesome. Kathy used to teach occasionally when someone called out last minute and some of the BEST things I ever learned came from her. Joe used to drive the big rig :) They were very involved in the day to day and are great!

FineAlready
Nov. 9, 2010, 03:09 PM
Kathy and Joe Patton are awesome. Kathy used to teach occasionally when someone called out last minute and some of the BEST things I ever learned came from her. Joe used to drive the big rig :) They were very involved in the day to day and are great!

Agreed, 100% on the awesomeness of Joe and Kathy!

jumpoff87
Nov. 9, 2010, 09:01 PM
I rode at their barn in Wisconsin my whole life until I went to college. I bought several ponies from/with Mrs. Patton and I wish I had appreciated all of the invaluable advice she had to offer as much as I should have! Their house was always filled with incredible pictures of Beezie and her horses :) I just can't say enough good things about them.