PDA

View Full Version : Boots for tall skinny girls

niwirider
Nov. 8, 2010, 09:45 PM
So I am almost 5'10, and have pretty skinny calves. I'm 15, but Im done growing and am looking to show at some pretty big shows next year (like Devon.) I currently have a pair of Ariat Monacos in size tall/regular calf, but as always the calf is to big on me. The slim, however, is a little too tight. I love my monacos, but I am looking for a more.... sophisticated option. I was considering La Mundials, but when I went on their site, the two boots (#42 and #44) seemed very similar and I was confused on how you are supposed to order them. I want to consider other options but they need to be pretty tall. Any suggestions?

Addison
Nov. 9, 2010, 08:10 AM
Sergio Grasso boots are a very slim fit.

Equsrider
Nov. 9, 2010, 10:37 AM
True about the Sergio's, but went thru 2 pairs due to broken zippers...Went to the Monacos and they basically dieintegrated in the calf in under a year of showing. Finally ordered Vogels, but that took 3 attempts to get the fit right, Finally they are the boot that works. In all honesty, at the prices of the Monacos and Sergios, it may be time to order customs for a bit more money, there are alot of companies out there for that..

BeastieSlave
Nov. 9, 2010, 11:38 AM
We've had good luck with Beval Puissance boots.

Reagan
Nov. 9, 2010, 11:58 AM
I agree with Equsrider, I've heard great things about vogels and know a ton of people who have them and love them. I was lucky because the ariats fit me like customs--nothing usually ever fits me, I have to get everything tailored! I understand the tall and skinny situation and it will probably be easier to go ahead, spend a little extra money and get customs that will fit and last rather then keep throwing your money away on boots that just aren't right.

3 is the limit
Nov. 9, 2010, 01:01 PM
I am almost 5'10" with long bird legs. The only boots that worked for me were the semi custom DerDau's. I live in CA but the ones I got were from NY because I guess they have them 'cut longer' back east? Anyway, good luck.

luckyduck
Nov. 9, 2010, 01:04 PM
Sergio's do go through zippers...but again, so did the ariats....great invention, but reality is....zippers don't belong in tall boots...JMO....

So that being said...the Sergio's are a nicely made boot.

My daughter had the Monacos...three pair...each wore through on the inside...and had zipper issues...Ariat is fabulous at replacing them if within a year...we had to have 2 pair at a time because without fail...a zipper would bust at the WRONG time....and sending them to ariat takes a few LONG weeks when ou have no other boots.

We did the custom boot thing too....and honestly...for the money....and the CRAP we went through with the boot always being wrong when it came in and WEEKS AND WEEKS of waiting.... THANK GOD for Monacos and Sergio's....

My daughter is now 19 and her Sergio's are well over a year old...and the zipper just went out on one of them a month or so ago. She rides A LOT and always in her boots..... when I say a lot...16-20 horses a week....plus horse shows on weekends.

I am just happy they have not worn through and that replacing the zipper was $60 bucks!

Will also mention that my daughter is a hard to fit person as well....She is only 5'5, but has the lower leg of a 5'10 person....and needs a slim calf, but has a SMALL foot. Also a joy to find half chaps that fit her! LOL!

Go Fish
Nov. 9, 2010, 01:12 PM
Just bite the bullet and go customs. I have the longest, skinniest legs ever and it just ain't worth the headache to deal with boots that don't fit and won't make you happy. I've had good luck with Vogel. If you decide to go custom, make damn sure that the person measuring you knows what they are doing.

luckyduck
Nov. 9, 2010, 01:17 PM
Just bite the bullet and go customs. I have the longest, skinniest legs ever and it just ain't worth the headache to deal with boots that don't fit and won't make you happy. I've had good luck with Vogel. If you decide to go custom, make damn sure that the person measuring you knows what they are doing.

And this is great advice.....just because they are "certified" to measure ....doesn't mean a dang thing!

whatnow
Nov. 9, 2010, 04:35 PM
Would run from La Mundial. Spend the extra money and get something else. Beval has a nice tall and slim boot. If the Monacos are a bit too tight in the slims then you should be able to find a boot that isn't custom.

If you need to go custom, Wilson & Davidson has a great custom boot for 900 with all of the options. They break in quickly and I've had really good luck with them fitting well. They also wear extremely well. One of the kids at the barn has a pair that is over a year old, she rides/shows in them-no chaps and they look great! She's not great about taking care of them either.

Just got my daughter a pair and am very pleased. For an extra $100 they came in a month! Didn't want to spend that extra $100 but got screwed by La Mundial and didn't have a choice:(

Renn/aissance
Nov. 10, 2010, 10:01 AM
We've had good luck with Beval Puissance boots.

Depending on what you do with them. I take good care of mine but ride in them several times a week. I'm not happy with the way they've held up after two and a half years of use. Wishing I'd gone elsewhere.

supersly
Nov. 10, 2010, 10:56 AM
I love the Sergios i wear! A lady whose horse she lets me show, lets me wear her Sergios and they are wonderful! She has a pair another pair of sergios but the zipper broke...knock on wood but the zippers on my pair are still fine!

Pirateer
Nov. 10, 2010, 05:41 PM
Those Mountain Horse Supreme boots are made for skinny long legged people. They are really lovely for the price.

ponymom64
Nov. 10, 2010, 05:46 PM
The Treadstone french calf boot is also made for a long skinny calf and so reasonable!!