View Full Version : devecoux?

Nov. 6, 2010, 11:22 PM
I am running out of saddle options
What do people think of devecoux, especially the newest one that is supposed to have a narrow twist?

Nov. 6, 2010, 11:30 PM
I tried one when I was buying my second saddle. I thought it was too narrow back then, some 8 years ago.

I couldn't land in the middle of it at posting trot.

More recently I rode in another one. It didn't bother me being so narrow, but it was terribly hard (and almost brand new). I was bruised and miserable for several days.

I'd want to ride a horse in this new thing they have before buying.

Nov. 7, 2010, 03:17 AM
What about Antares

Nov. 7, 2010, 05:34 AM
I have a Devoucoux Oldara that I ride my horses in and I LOVE it, super soft on my very bony butt. I also ride some of my training horses in an older model Devoucoux Biarritz. I really enjoy riding in both saddles. They have slightly different balance points - the Oldara being a little flatter and easier to get out of the saddle, the Biarritz being a little more secure for sitting work. For what it's worth, I find both to have a fairly wide twist that I personally find quite comfortable.

Nov. 7, 2010, 08:15 AM
I have a Devoucoux Biarritz, got it in July brand new, it has been very comfortable right from the start, keeps me in a better position (especially over jumps) than my last saddle, I love it.

Nov. 8, 2010, 10:12 AM
I have a new Oldara that I find very comfortable. My trainer rode in it for the first time a couple weeks ago and the first thing she said was how comfortable and 'cushy' it is. It is definitely not a hard saddle.

Nov. 8, 2010, 11:27 AM
I rode in my trainers Devoucoux Biarritz and it was a very nice saddle. Seat was soft and comfortable. The tree did squeak but think it was a very well used saddle.

I do know a few very top Equitation riders have gone to the new Devoucoux you are talking about... so I would definately demo one!

Nov. 8, 2010, 11:32 AM
When buying a saddle earlier this summer, it was a toss up between the Childeric and the Devoucoux. I opted for the Devoucoux and couldn't be happier! Super comfortable and balanced!! I LOVE it.

Nov. 8, 2010, 11:33 AM
The Oldara is a lovely saddle. Narrow twist and wide flat seat makes for a comfortable ride - but if you like a deep seat it probably isn't for you. If you have a local Devoucoux rep, I'd recommend trying the Oldara (flat) and then the Biarritz (deep) for comparison. You can REALLY feel the difference if you go from one to the other!

Nov. 8, 2010, 11:57 AM
Yes we finally have a rep who seems great
My horse is recovering from an injury but as soon as he is able I am having her out.

Nov. 8, 2010, 12:36 PM
I had a devecoux that I sold back in 2004, I don't know about the old ones but it was comfortable only downside was the fact it was too deep seated for me.