PDA

View Full Version : snap collar show shirts

islndgirl
Nov. 6, 2010, 10:13 PM
Has anyone tried these snap collar show shirts?

http://www.equestriancollections.com/product.asp?groupcode=TS80011

How does the collar look with your jacket? I haven't seen them worn before but it might solve the problem of all those missing chokers I seem to have!

HunterRider992
Nov. 6, 2010, 10:19 PM
Everyone is wearing them now, they look great.

Across Sicily
Nov. 6, 2010, 11:57 PM
I have the Essex version... they're FANTASTIC! So much easier.

Fun Size
Nov. 7, 2010, 05:39 PM
I have one of the Essex shirts as well. Love it!

sarcam02
Nov. 7, 2010, 06:07 PM
I realize that everyone is wearing them and that they are very easy but I find that they look a bit sloppy. The necks are a bit gappy for my taste. That said I am sure they will continue to be very popular but I'd like to see them made a bit tighter and more refined at the neck.

chloelovesyou1
Nov. 9, 2010, 10:24 PM
They do look different but you do get used to seeing them. They are so convenient and much easier.
While up close you can see the difference, while on course you really cannot tell.

Jumpthemoon16
Nov. 9, 2010, 10:55 PM
Essex or Tailored Sportsman version?? I can only afford one right now.. but boy do I want one!!

chloelovesyou1
Nov. 9, 2010, 11:25 PM
I have the Essex, but I'm sure the Tailored Sportsman ones are nice too.

TheOneandOnly
Nov. 9, 2010, 11:26 PM
to be honest with you, i'm not a fan. I just like the classical look.

But if you must just please, PLEASE make sure that the chest/neck area fit your well. Ive seen many this season that pull in strange ways because the neck is too small, causing those crazy patterns to bunch up and peek out. yuck.

Addison
Nov. 10, 2010, 07:39 AM
These collars make so much sense and I think they look fine in the ring. Tradition has it's place but I will not ignore advances in design and technology out of tradition. I remember when breeches were made out of wool and helmets made out of plastic with no chin strap! I would not want to return to those days!

GreystoneKC
Nov. 10, 2010, 08:49 AM
Love the idea and as someone who has flipped her collar down for that "collared look" on her normal show shirts before and after competing for years, I LOVE the look with the collar down. That being said, I don't love the look when they are snapped up and find the monograms a bit awkward. They can look terrible if not fitted well. I know this completely defeats the purpose, but I wish you could buy a choker to go with the shirt so that you could wear the same shirt snap-style or traditional-style. I would love to wear my choker in the ring and then unsnap and have the collar down outside of the ring!!! I tend to not lose chokers anyway. ;)

sarcam02
Nov. 10, 2010, 09:05 AM
These collars make so much sense and I think they look fine in the ring. Tradition has it's place but I will not ignore advances in design and technology out of tradition. I remember when breeches were made out of wool and helmets made out of plastic with no chin strap! I would not want to return to those days!

I am all for advances in technology - I just think there is room for significant improvment on the both the fit/look and design. A loose collar (along with hairnets low on the forehead, and "beret" style helmets) is one of my pet peeves.

HUET Brunette
Nov. 10, 2010, 10:12 AM
At first glance, I did not like the look of them but now they're growing on me! For anyone looking for a less expensive brand, I found them here:

http://allaftertack.com/showshirts.html

xxreddxheaddxx
Nov. 10, 2010, 04:29 PM
i think they are sooo ugly :( a little to untraditional for me.... but they seem lots easier!

islndgirl
Nov. 10, 2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the replies guys... I ended up getting a Tailored one because I only wanted a white one and I had a hard time finding any other in white. I am interested in seeing how it looks... it should be coming in the mail sometime this week. :)

SmplySweet1021
Nov. 10, 2010, 11:47 PM
I am all for advances in technology - I just think there is room for significant improvment on the both the fit/look and design. A loose collar (along with hairnets low on the forehead, and "beret" style helmets) is one of my pet peeves.

:yes:

So far I'm not too much of a fan. Haven't seen them in person except in pictures. What's wrong with looping your choker on your belt as soon as you put your show shirt on? I've never lost a choker that way. :winkgrin:

MoonRiver5
Nov. 11, 2010, 01:43 PM
I don't like them... cause I really need that minute that I take at the in gate while I'm on deck where I take my gloves off, run through the course one more time in my head, and take a deep breath, while I button up my shirt and put my collar on. I need all the deep breaths I can get.

Addison
Nov. 11, 2010, 02:58 PM
The snaps that hold the shirts closed are very easy to move so if it is a little loose or tight , you can fix it.

lucyeq
Nov. 11, 2010, 09:24 PM
I agree that they look sloppier than the regular shirts. I can understand why people would like them for the convenience, but I prefer the classic, clean look. Also, I agree with GreystoneKC that the monograms would look odd.

ah1423
Nov. 11, 2010, 09:26 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!! Just make sure when you take it to get monogrammed they know exactly where to place the monogram - my snap collar shirt was the first one my tack shop monogrammed and I was a bit nervous about how it would come out...but it came back beautiful!!

And I do agree - make sure to get one that fits correctly so you don't have a too small or too big neck size...that doesn't look cute!

supersly
Nov. 18, 2010, 07:26 PM
I actually think the snap collars look clean and nice. And monograms would be the same as they look on a traditional shirt, I asked our friend who monograms shirts and said she thinks it would look just fine.

allintexas
Nov. 18, 2010, 11:46 PM
I like them and they have become quite popular around here. Most people are monogramming them with a single initial and they look fine, IMHO. I have two colors of the Essex type

goldenhorse
Nov. 19, 2010, 10:14 AM
I really like them. What a good idea.