PDA

View Full Version : Maclay Live Blog From The Chronicle!

Molly Sorge
Nov. 5, 2010, 01:34 PM
Hello all...

For all those who joined us in a live blog for the Medal Finals, know that I will be in Syracuse blogging the action from the Maclay Finals as well!

Check in on Sunday at http://www.chronofhorse.com/2010syracuse for all the info!

Molly Sorge

Life is Good 2
Nov. 5, 2010, 02:42 PM
Is there a list showing the order of riders?

SnicklefritzG
Nov. 5, 2010, 10:30 PM
Who is judging this year?

Peggy
Nov. 5, 2010, 10:59 PM
Who is judging this year?
Melanie Smith Taylor and Scott Hofstetter

Secret Dove
Nov. 7, 2010, 10:14 AM
For those that don't subscribe to phelpsport.com, there's a report on Georgina Bloomberg in the article about the Grand Prix.

"In other news, a complete report on Georgina Bloomberg, who had a server fall yesterday when her saddle unexpectedly came loose and slipped during the Gambler's Choice competition, will become more clear following an in-depth examination on Monday. Bloomberg was unconscious immediately following the fall, suffered a concussion and was also diagnosed with a fracture to her spine. Despite the injury, she is resting comfortably"

fair judy
Nov. 7, 2010, 04:37 PM
great commentary. i don't know how you do such a great job of observing, posting, AND dealing with a few of the outside commenters......

SnicklefritzG
Nov. 7, 2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks again for doing the live blogging.

Sing Mia Song
Nov. 7, 2010, 06:53 PM
Thank you--the coverage was lovely! I read the coverage while watching the live stream and it was so great to get many different opinions on the same trip.

Question: I was tracking the standbys, but did not catch the numbers of all that were called back for the flat. Has anyone got that, preferably in order?

Peggy
Nov. 7, 2010, 08:14 PM
Great coverage. I even liked the fact that it was a bit ahead of the video when something went wrong and I knew in advance to look for where the issue started.

Sing Mia Song - here's what was posted in the Syracuse thread by the people doing the video:

Flat Phase 1st Group
(30th-16th)
131. Meg O'Mara
39. Mahala Rummell
141. Molly Braswell
125. Lydia Ulrich
130. Melena Smith
68. Samantha Smith
129. Leylan Gleeson
36. Victoria Birdsall
88. Lauren Tyree
105. Allison Fithian
106. Britta Carlson
45. Chase Boggio
107. Sylvia Detoledo
23. Amber Hentor
114. Lucy Davis

Flat Phase Second Group 15th to 1st
50. Demi Stiegler
72. Karen Polle
109. Audrey Coulter
32. Catherine Tyree
53. Emily Reynolds
9. Samantha Schaefer
42. Lillie Keenan
55. Olivia Jack
38. Schaefer Raposa
115. Sydney Smith
117. Hasbrouck Donovan
35. Michael Hughes
22. Theodore Boris
140. Hayley Barnhill
67. Taylor Ann Adams

SnicklefritzG
Nov. 7, 2010, 09:00 PM
What did they ask people to do in the flat phase? Anything beyond w/t/c?

neigh.neigh
Nov. 7, 2010, 10:04 PM
What did they ask people to do in the flat phase? Anything beyond w/t/c?

I was in the first group and we did walk trot canter in the first direction and then the same without stirrups going to the right

SnicklefritzG
Nov. 7, 2010, 10:17 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but any tips for picking your irons back up? I do a lot of work without stirrups with my trainer but for some reason I have a hard time getting my left foot back in. The right one is no problem though...

In any of the qualifying classes, regionals, etc. did you have to do any counter canter or lateral work in the flat classes?

MHM
Nov. 8, 2010, 01:27 AM
I was in the first group and we did walk trot canter in the first direction and then the same without stirrups going to the right

You had a very nice trip in the first round!

Well done. :)

Sing Mia Song
Nov. 8, 2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks, Peggy!!