PDA

View Full Version : TB Hunter at HITS Ocala

ET's Home
Nov. 4, 2010, 09:44 PM
Did anyone else see the 3' TB Hunter division at HITS Ocala? I hope it's a hit and they offer it in Saugerties! If anyone ends up showing or gets a chance to see it (or video) let me know. Looks like AZ or CA are not offering it, this is probably a test offering in FL.

I'm sure some might say, 'meh, if your TB is that good, you should show in the open/rated classes' I still say it will be a nice showcase for the TB's. If they offer it next summer in NY, I hope my mare is ready. Okay, she'll be ready, hope I am!

AnotherRound
Nov. 4, 2010, 10:18 PM
May I ask, as I haven't shown hunter in ages (30 years) at which time, we certainly had 3' hunter courses. I showed, if I recall, some really high hunter courses, like 4'? or more? can't remember, really. Can you elaborate your concerns?

Simbalism
Nov. 5, 2010, 12:21 AM
I can remember when the breeding classes at A shows where for Tb or non-registered(have I just really aged myself? hehe...). Most all the horses in the day were TBs.

HiddenAcres
Nov. 5, 2010, 07:46 AM
I think it's great! Google the Upperville horse show - they have "back from the track" and "too slow to go" divisions for the Jockey Club horses. I've had such a crappy experience with HITS I thought they'd never see my money again - but a TB division might make me go! I have a couple of "too slow to go" horses :lol:.

ridingmom3
Nov. 5, 2010, 08:07 AM
I think it is great..they also had a Jockey Club 2'6 CANTER- class at County Heir II last summer..hope they offer it again this summer as my TB might be ready! Go TB's!!!

AnotherRound
Nov. 5, 2010, 09:10 AM
Oh, I get it. Kewel.

ET's Home
Nov. 5, 2010, 12:14 PM
AnotherRound

My concern is not for the horse getting over 3' jumpers, she capable of 3'6" +. I've been riding all my life but only started jumping at 40 with a green TB. I've been schooling at 3-3'3" and did up to level 1 jumper's at HITS, but the good hunter trip continues to ellude me.

'Kewel'?

ET