PDA

View Full Version : Lessons in Wellington, FL?

Ringside
Nov. 4, 2010, 08:20 PM
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good barn for taking lessons in Wellington? I currently do not own my own horse but have riding experience, so I would like to find a place that has some decent horses (possibly some for lease?) and instructors. I have heard that Castlewood Farm has a lesson program... does anyone know anything about that farm? I also heard that James Lala might run a year-round riding school? If anyone has any information or recommendations, please let me know! Feel free to message me, too...

Thanks!

Vandy
Nov. 4, 2010, 08:25 PM
I don't know whether or not he currently runs a riding school, but wanted to say that James Lala is WONDERFUL! Not only a great trainer and rider, but an all-around nice guy and lots of fun. If he has a lesson program, definitely check it out!

Individualblue07
Nov. 5, 2010, 12:04 PM
Personally, I find James to be a phenomenal guy! Castlewood is great as well! I took a few lessons and know quite a few of their boarders and riders. All of the clients there are so down to earth. If you arent looking to really get into showing and possibly purchasing or leasing a horse, I suggest checking out somewhere a little smaller. Another place to possibly check out is Montoga Inc, or the Palm Beach Riding Academy.

Pancakes
Jul. 30, 2011, 08:16 AM
I'm reviving this thread A) because I want to be courteous and B) because it's not *too* old.

My story: I'm moving to West Palm Beach and starting a new job where I'll have a lot more time off and more disposable income. I'd REALLY love to start riding again. I rode regularly with some amazing instructors until I was about 16, when health issues forced me to stop. I hadn't really had consistent instruction for the next 4 years, and I haven't ridden (period) in the last 6 years.
So, basically, I'm a 27 year old re-rider. I did hunter/jumper/eq when I did ride and I'd like to start with that again.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a good barn that will accept adult re-riders and provide lesson horses? I might be able to lease later down the road once I see how the job/finances go.

Thank you!!!

Kitty
Jul. 30, 2011, 03:45 PM
How about Happy Endings Farm in Wellington? Linda Smith and her daughter are trainers there and have a lovely place and nice horses. Give them a try! And check out www.wellington-wef.com which has a listing of trainers with locations and phone numbers and some with websites! Good luck!

fair judy
Jul. 30, 2011, 05:01 PM
sent you a PM

Pancakes
Jul. 31, 2011, 09:23 AM
Thank you both for the recommendations!!

Anyone else want to throw their $0.02 in?