PDA

View Full Version : Schleese HK - What else is similar??

RodeoQueen
Oct. 11, 2010, 10:44 AM
Dear Saddle Experts:

I sat in a Schleese HK and loved it. But a new is out of the question for me, so i'll be shopping used. Can anyone suggested great places to look for pre-owned saddles?

Also, are there other saddles that fit like a Schleese? Maybe another one of their saddles or another brand entirely?

I'm starting my research early. I sat in Passier Optimum and also loved it - but do not like any of the other Passier saddles.

Thanks for your ideas!

laura

high hat
Oct. 12, 2010, 12:17 AM
Try the Schleese Wave. There are quite a few of these available used. Just be aware that each one may have been customized to fit the rider and their physique might be quite different from yours.

For example I prefer a wider seat and mine are customized with this option.

Quest52
Oct. 12, 2010, 01:01 AM
Just know your horse as well. I believe that the HKs do better for horses with a longer back or a more average back while the Wave works well for the short backed horse.

I believe a good alternative to the HL is the new Link II or the Infinity. But it is always good to have the fitter come and tell you what is best for your horse personally.

3s
Oct. 21, 2010, 10:33 AM
Schleese can make their saddle panels any length to accommodate the needs of the horse. The feel of the HK is most similar to that of the Wave.

mon1ed
Oct. 21, 2010, 10:06 PM
If you are looking for a nice used saddle and in particular a Schleese, check this website: http://www.fine-used-saddles.com/

I find that they have a nice selection and the saddles look awesome!

Good luck
DMM

RodeoQueen
Oct. 22, 2010, 09:03 AM
Thanks so much for the input - i really appreciate it. My kid is only 16m old so i'm a ways out from buying. Yes, i will indeed find the help of a saddle fitter when the time comes.

My legs are long - 33 inch inseam so about how long of a flap might i look for?