PDA

View Full Version : My first Dressage "show"

JillCozza
Oct. 11, 2010, 10:34 AM
it was just a schooling show after-all, but it's the first time I've shown at a Dressage show.....I come from a western background.

Georgie my old man was such a great boy. Both tests the judge commented that for higher scores we need to ride much more forward. We only scored 58 and 55 % on the tests, but I was very pleased to putter around the ring and get our tests finished! haha

Here are a couple pics of us ( George looking cute as usual, and me looking funny!!) feel free to pick them apart and tell us what to improve on.

Just wanted to share my joy!! haha

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31715923&l=584aed1013&id=1443550548

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31715893&l=86cdb9c6a1&id=1443550548

meupatdoes
Oct. 11, 2010, 10:59 AM
Awww, you guys look like such a great pair and that is so nice to see.

He is adorable and good job to you both!

mpsbarnmanager
Oct. 11, 2010, 11:35 AM
I think you guys look great! :D

JillCozza
Oct. 11, 2010, 12:15 PM
awwww shucks.......

:)
Thanks, I do love him

Reiter
Oct. 11, 2010, 12:43 PM
Both of you look great and like you've been doing dressage forever! :)
If I wanted to nit-pick I'd say put your shoulders back and hold you hands more upright, thumbs on top! But again, you guys look great!!!!!

JillCozza
Oct. 11, 2010, 12:47 PM
Both of you look great and like you've been doing dressage forever! :)
If I wanted to nit-pick I'd say put your shoulders back and hold you hands more upright, thumbs on top! But again, you guys look great!!!!!

Thanks Reiter
I totally agree with you, I do tend to "hunch" my shoulder and lean a little forward. Also, those "tea-cup" hands come from the western version of hunter classes.

We are going to work on things and show again in December, hopefully we can improve those scores.

amitkoequine
Oct. 11, 2010, 01:57 PM
Ya'll look wonderful! Glad you had fun.

Dressage_Julie
Oct. 11, 2010, 02:35 PM
The pics look great! I agree with what Reiter said about your shoulders and hands, but I would also add to make sure your behind is more tucked underneath you. It will help with the shoulder back. :) Keep up the great work!