PDA

View Full Version : Small brag and question- I love my trainer

xrmn002
Oct. 10, 2010, 09:14 PM
Maybe this is normal but I wanted to share something that really made me appreciate my trainer today. He has always been very good to his horses and riders, but today it kind of hit me how lucky I am.

I was out of town and got a call from my trainer this morning. Some time between last night and this morning my horse's hind legs had blown up. It was bad enough that he thought we should call the vet but wanted to make sure I was okay with it (as it would be a costly Sunday visit).

So my trainer called the vet and spent the rest of what was supposed to be a short day waiting for the vet, cold-hosing my horse's legs and hand-walking him. He even bagged up his meds and labeled them by day for the barn staff and then followed up to make sure my horse had received his meds (it ended up being a virus that caused the swelling).

My barn would do all these things (most for a price) but I really appreciated that my trainer cared that much to spend his day taking care of my horse the way I would have if I had been there. He didn't seemed to expect any kind of thanks, so I don't want to make a big deal out of it, but I would like to do something nice to show I appreciate it. Your thoughts? Any ideas?

EqTrainer
Oct. 10, 2010, 09:31 PM
A nice check is always appreciated :)

jawa
Oct. 10, 2010, 09:40 PM
A gift card to a local tack shop or to a large tack company you know the trainer uses.

More importantly a thank you note from the heart expressing your gratitude will mean the most.