PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Area Tack Shop?

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Oct. 10, 2010, 02:15 AM
Where to tack shop in Dallas?

I'm in need of bits that are far more dressage-y than hunter/jumper-y and being both a jumper and from out of town I don't know where to go looking for anything dressage-y in Dallas.

So where should I go?

Prefer in the grapevine-flowermound area... but anywhere is good. (I'm not a Dover fan but I'll go if I have to.)

Zevida
Oct. 10, 2010, 01:17 PM
The only tack shop I've found in Dallas with a decent selection is Dover. The staff is also very nice. There is a little tack shop on Cross Timbers in Flower Mound, but it seemed very hunter focused and didn't have much selection.

cyriz's mom
Oct. 10, 2010, 02:06 PM
There's On the Bit in Cross Roads (377 just north of 380...the Aubrey area). They are very knowledgeable and would order for you if they don't have what you need.

Other than that and the H/J place mentioned (blanking on the name) and Dover, that's about it. It's All About the Horse just closed their Plano store and is just at Texas Rose Horse Park.

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Oct. 10, 2010, 02:55 PM
Quail Hollow is the hunter place.

I really don't have time to order something if they don't have it... but it's good to know that there's a place that does that for you.

Megaladon
Oct. 10, 2010, 03:14 PM
The Horse of Course in Las Colinas/Irving area is more dressage focused, but maybe that is too far a drive :confused:

Then, like others have mentioned, there is always Dover.

Good luck!

BetterOffRed
Oct. 10, 2010, 09:26 PM
The Horse of Course in Las Colinas/Irving area is more dressage focused, but maybe that is too far a drive

uummm, Peggy closed about 2 years ago.

If you don't want to go to Dover (they are very nice btw), about 10 minutes north from Dover is It's All About the Horse in Plano. Cindy Murray, the owner, is a dressage rider herself and she and her staff are very knowledgable. Cindy also has the tack shop at Texas Rose Horse Park. She has a pretty extensive selection of bits and because she has two locations, she will ship items to your house directly.

I highly, highly, highly recommend On the Bit in Crossroads...what these people have forgotten about tack amounts to what I know! This is THE place for custom boots, or to get 'show ready'. The highest quality!

In Downtown Frisco is Horse Hardware, but they are more kid and H/J focused. But very nice too!

Megaladon
Oct. 10, 2010, 11:10 PM
What!? Oh, that's too bad. It was a nice little store.

BetterOffRed
Oct. 11, 2010, 12:06 AM
Peggy is a great lady. With the free time she has now, you will see her at the horse shows...riding!