PDA

View Full Version : Romfh Breeches

Strictly Classical
Oct. 9, 2010, 06:07 PM
Just wondering anyone out there has tried Romfh breeches and and what you thought of their quality and durability. I am thinking of purchasing their Trifecta breech for winter wear and a pair of their new denim breech, which is very stylish!

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

http://romfh.com/

Blume Farm
Oct. 9, 2010, 06:14 PM
I just bought a pair of the denim ones while I was as WEG. I LOVE them! The fabric is great, the fit great, and stylish to boot. I've worn them all week and have gotten a few comments on how nice they are...all my other breeches are Pikeur Mondega if that helps you with body type that they fit well on.

citydog
Oct. 9, 2010, 06:17 PM
I've always quite liked them and found them to hold up well.

Strictly Classical
Oct. 9, 2010, 07:37 PM
Oh - thanks to you both! I fell in LOVE with the new denim breeches when I saw them. I just had to try them - brown pair. If I like them I think I will go for a denim blue pair. Bluehof, will the fabric of the denim breech be good for fall/early winter? I live in NC and generally it doesn't get brutally cold here, at least not until January! LOL! Oh, and thanks for the Pikeur comparison. I love my Pikeur Lugana's, but right now I'm finding it hard to justify their cost. I'm not a large person, but I do have hips. Perhaps the Romfh will accommodate me. :)

citydog - glad to hear that you have found them durable. Even cheap breeches are expensive, so its good to know there is someone out there who has gotten their money's worth out of this brand.

I have only worn their show shirts, and I have always enjoyed them.

Blume Farm
Oct. 9, 2010, 11:45 PM
Strictly Classic...I too live in NC now. I think the denim fabric is perfect for fall/ early winter. Thinner than real jeans but still a bit heavier than normal breeches. Not nearly as warm as my Irideon WindPro breeches that I wear Jan-Mar, but perfect for other seasons. They don't look nearly as nice on me as they do on the model on their site, but they do fit my "J-Lo" hips/ butt!!

I have the blue denim color and like them enough to purchase an additional colored pair.

Hampton Bay
Oct. 10, 2010, 01:33 AM
A vendor at WEG has some of the regular breeches, retail $110, for $33. They only had up to a 28, but they did seem to fit about a size big.

Strictly Classical
Oct. 10, 2010, 09:18 AM
Thanks guys! :)

baroqueNheart
Oct. 12, 2010, 09:38 AM
Victory Canter has them for 89.95 with free shipping! I just ordered a pair.

scubed
Oct. 12, 2010, 10:06 AM
I have loved the Romphf breeches for style and comfort but not durability. I bought some corduroy ones several years ago that did not hold up well (though they were super cute and super comfortable) and some other ones where in less than a year the whole full seat came unstitched. They may have fixed these problems, as I haven't bought for a few years after these issues

katarine
Oct. 12, 2010, 10:23 AM
I love the two pair I have, they are quite durable and comfortable.

baroqueNheart
Oct. 12, 2010, 10:40 AM
I also have their winter breeches...I swear they look like Pikeur made them.

wildlifer
Oct. 12, 2010, 01:39 PM
I have two pairs I bought on ebay a while back, maybe three or four years ago. They are super comfortable. I've finally worn through the full seats, had to ditch them though, I was sad. I paid maybe $30 for each pair.

Emmas Hot Brass
Oct. 13, 2010, 01:48 PM
I bought two pairs of Romfh riding tights 3 years ago, and they still hold up like a dream and withstand my 5-days-a-week, 4-horses-a-day riding. I want more, but Dover doesn't carry them!! Where are y'all buying them? Can I get more on-line? I need new breeches desperately.

MXL
Oct. 13, 2010, 01:57 PM
How do they FIT? I've noticed a HUGE difference in the sizing of the stretchy cotton types (On Course, etc.) with a more woven fabric type. Is a 30, for example, the same in each? Or do you size up if the fabric is woven (which I've found to be the case)?

katarine
Oct. 13, 2010, 02:37 PM
Couldn't answer how one fabric in Romfh would size vs another fabric.

I'm a 34, and the Romfhs I own feel like a true 34. I have these. (http://www.legacytack.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=LT&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=11468&cvsfa=2659&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3131343638)

Strictly Classical
Oct. 13, 2010, 05:23 PM
Hi guys! Yesterday I received my pair of Romfh Trifecta breeches. I ordered them from Adams Horse Supply (can't say enough GREAT things about those folks!!). I was really pleasantly surprised. The breech is made very similarly to my Pikeur Luganas. I would say these are a good three-season breech. The fabric is microfiber, but it is a thicker, heftier fabric. I generally wear a 30, but with full seats I like a little extra "room". I ordered these breeches in a 32 and they are a little roomy; that's ok.

These look like a very well-made breech. Honestly, it made me kind of sick when I think about how much I've paid for Pikeurs when this breech is the same styling and half the cost.

I am waiting on the Romfh denim full seats to come. I also ordered them from Adams. They are $107 (I think) with free shipping. I will report back when I get them and let you all know what I think. If they are anything like the Trifectas I'm going to love them.

baroqueNheart
Oct. 14, 2010, 05:10 PM
I thought I had ordered a pair of full seat denims, but they are the knee patch. However- I must have thought they were full seats because of the photo...the stitching makes them look full seats.

I tried them on. They are the best fitting breeches EVAR!!! I luf them!

Strictly Classical
Oct. 14, 2010, 05:16 PM
I think the knee patch version does have a Euroseat.... I love kp breeches - if I like the brown full seats when they come, maybe I will order a pair of the denim blue kp's later on.