PDA

View Full Version : Crtique Please?

victorian24
Oct. 7, 2010, 09:35 PM
Looking to get some thoughts on my 14month old Sporthorse. I am wanting to use her in dressage, and I know you can't tell too much at such a young age. I am just looking for thoughts on her and her confirmation/etc...

Thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TK9LC_GkSY

princessfluffybritches
Oct. 8, 2010, 12:18 AM
You have to ask?????????

She is beautiful.

angel
Oct. 8, 2010, 06:53 AM
Training a horse with dressage techniques is a benefit for any discipline. Looking at a horse at age 14 months is very difficult for determining the mature conformation. However, I think she will have a conformation very similar to her dam. If that turns out to be the case, you might think more of starting her in dressage, but with the thought of her being a hunter rather than having visions of upper level dressage.

Machinations
Oct. 8, 2010, 08:36 AM
hard to tell as no confo shots of her standing up. What is her breeding?

victorian24
Oct. 8, 2010, 09:38 AM
hard to tell as no confo shots of her standing up. What is her breeding?

Her Breeding is:

Dam- TB/Paso
Sire- Shire/Quarter

I will get some confo shots today.

victorian24
Oct. 8, 2010, 09:40 AM
Training a horse with dressage techniques is a benefit for any discipline. Looking at a horse at age 14 months is very difficult for determining the mature conformation. However, I think she will have a conformation very similar to her dam. If that turns out to be the case, you might think more of starting her in dressage, but with the thought of her being a hunter rather than having visions of upper level dressage.

I know its difficult to know exactly, her dam is in training for show jumping, and has low level work in dressage. So either way works for me. :)

Hampton Bay
Oct. 8, 2010, 11:07 AM
What was the intent with that kind of cross?

alibi_18
Oct. 8, 2010, 12:05 PM
Haven't you read ? It is for dressage! TB and Paso for the movement and high energy hot blood. Shire for some height and calmness, bringing the cold blood and the long flowing mane, feathers and tail! and Quarter horse for the hard and willingness in work!
You mix the whole and get a warmblood!

(or stallions can escape their stalls too easily these days...):winkgrin:

victorian24
Oct. 8, 2010, 05:09 PM
What was the intent with that kind of cross?

Well she was not a planned filly..lol

The place I rescued her dam from was using the mother to keep her two sporthorse stallions happy. She was bred and then given the shot to abordt the foal. When I took the mother out of that awful situation, a few months later she had gotten a serious case of colic due to her being underweight, the vet came out and checked her and asked "if I new she was pregnant?" I said "I do now!" lol..

so thats how the breeds came to be :)

victorian24
Oct. 8, 2010, 05:12 PM
Haven't you read ? It is for dressage! TB and Paso for the movement and high energy hot blood. Shire for some height and calmness, bringing the cold blood and the long flowing mane, feathers and tail! and Quarter horse for the hard and willingness in work!
You mix the whole and get a warmblood!

(or stallions can escape their stalls too easily these days...):winkgrin:

She is a great little filly, I am anxious to see how she turnes out once fully grown, but I am not taking for granted the bond that comes from raising a foal from day 1. Even thought she was not planned, I love her. Not too sure how tall she will become, hoping its at least 15.3 but we will see :)

Hampton Bay
Oct. 8, 2010, 08:48 PM
I was hoping that she was an accident, because I wonder about anyone who breeds a cross like that intending to sell them and make money! :winkgrin:

I bred my own a couple years ago, and it is rather amazing raising your own from day 1. Of course, I couldn't get near my filly for 2 months, but THAT came from momma.