PDA

View Full Version : Roll call- George Morris clinic at Morven Park 10/19-10/25

baylady7
Oct. 6, 2010, 07:10 PM
Are any of you guy coming to this, either riding or auditing? I heard they still have a handful of openings in the 2'6" and 3'+ sections. Sounds like a good opportunity.

more info is here:

http://www.morvenpark.org/calendar/events/index.php?com=detail&eID=823&year=2010&month=10

Kathy sends

Mayaty02
Oct. 12, 2010, 03:25 PM
I was thinking of auditing...is there someplace to buy tickets?

GreyHunterHorse
Oct. 12, 2010, 10:04 PM
:yes::yes::yes: I *absolutely* would go to audit one day. I just sent an email to the contact to find out more information. So glad I saw this posting!

Mayaty02
Oct. 12, 2010, 10:13 PM
:yes::yes::yes: I *absolutely* would go to audit one day. I just sent an email to the contact to find out more information. So glad I saw this posting!

be sure to update with any info you get!

GreyHunterHorse
Oct. 13, 2010, 10:02 AM
Directly from my email:

We’d love to have you. Each day will be similar – 3’+ from 9-11 am, 3’ from 11am to 1pm, and the 2’6” from 2:30 to 4:30 pm. The groups will do flatwork to warm up, and then work over a variety of questions, from grids to course work. The clinic is auditor friendly – Mr. Morris will have a mike on so you will be able to hear clearly his instructions to the riders. He also makes a point to address the auditors directly with observations. It’s $75/day to audit. Light refreshments will be provided. You may pre-register (see attached document), or you may sign up at the door. Come to the breezeway next to the indoor arena (first parking lot on left as you come up the driveway) to register.

(obviously, I have the sign-up sheet, which I can email you if you PM me!)

eleanor rigby
Oct. 13, 2010, 10:28 AM
I would love to audit! Why does work have to get in the way of everything? I may try to swing it anyway.

BAC
Oct. 13, 2010, 10:35 AM
Why doesn't GM ever come to the NY Metro area? :( I wish I had time to drive to Morven just to audit but work gets in the way.

Running Fox Farm
Oct. 13, 2010, 06:29 PM
Speaking of which ( I'd sure love to drive to all his clinics to audit - I never come away without knowledge!!!) has anyone heard if he's still coming to Clemson/ Camden this year? This year's schedule was not like other years, I guess because of WEG.

mroades
Oct. 13, 2010, 07:01 PM
Speaking of which ( I'd sure love to drive to all his clinics to audit - I never come away without knowledge!!!) has anyone heard if he's still coming to Clemson/ Camden this year? This year's schedule was not like other years, I guess because of WEG.

He is doing that date in Jacksonville FL this year :-(

tarheelmd07
Oct. 13, 2010, 08:55 PM
Hopefully I'll be in the 3'+ section for a day or two - just look for the overgrown chestnut pony :)

Brydelle Farm
Oct. 17, 2010, 09:05 PM
i'll b there on Tuesday to audit! ;) Excited to see GM right after WEG and judging USEF Medal final, he's gonna have alot to say! ;)

Anyplace Farm
Oct. 18, 2010, 12:56 PM
i'll b there on Tuesday to audit! ;) Excited to see GM right after WEG and judging USEF Medal final, he's gonna have alot to say! ;)

Brydelle - hoping to ride Tuesday night (at my barn) but if it gets rained out, would love to see you while you are here. I'll contact you offline.

Also, would you be a guest-blogger on my blog to recount your experience auditing?

bizbachfan
Oct. 18, 2010, 01:13 PM
for northerners good time to come down and escape the cold either in Jax, Fl Dec 27-29 or Nov 19-21 in Jupiter FL at Pinehurst Stables.

Be prepared though last year when we went to Jupiter to audit it was cold and rained, so bring your foul weather gear.

And be sure to be a "good" auditor. Don't talk on your cell, distract him or horses in anyway, not listen while he is speaking.

Brydelle Farm
Oct. 18, 2010, 07:44 PM
Brydelle - hoping to ride Tuesday night (at my barn) but if it gets rained out, would love to see you while you are here. I'll contact you offline.

Also, would you be a guest-blogger on my blog to recount your experience auditing?

Would love to see you of course, but if not 2mrow, looking forward to WIHS! ;)

Happy to provide my notes to you and your blog! ;)

Anyplace Farm
Oct. 18, 2010, 08:10 PM
Would love to see you of course, but if not 2mrow, looking forward to WIHS! ;)

Happy to provide my notes to you and your blog! ;)
For once, I'm going to pray for rain later in the day so that I can't go to the barn and can meet with you instead. I'm gonna call you now.

Anyplace Farm
Oct. 27, 2010, 09:54 AM
A person who frequents my blog was kind enough to give me her notes, pix, a diagram of the courses and a video clip for 10/20/10 (Day 2).

Aside from the useful information, the GMisms are priceless. They are posted at my blog (http://anyplacefarm.wordpress.com).

LaLuna
Oct. 27, 2010, 09:58 AM
If only my horse was back up to 2'6" and we'd be there in a heart beat. We live like 15 minutes from Morven Park. I wish I had heard about this clinic sooner!

Anyplace Farm
Oct. 27, 2010, 05:22 PM
Keep an eye on his site: www.ghmclinics.com (http://www.ghmclinics.com) for the 2011 schedule. He comes back here every year.