PDA

View Full Version : Looking for indoor to trailer to in Middleburg

shantihorse
Oct. 6, 2010, 12:46 PM
Greetings! I am looking for an indoor arena in the Middleburg or Marshall (we live on Atoka road) to trailer to and use on occasion (when the footing outside is too wet!). We are in process of building our own indoor, but it will be a while.

Any one have a farm or know of one that allows riders to trailer in and use their indoor. It's fine if it has to be certian times of day. Please let me know! And also what the fee is.

Thanks very much!!

BABYGREENTB
Oct. 6, 2010, 12:51 PM
Contact Ginia Wilbrandt based out of Fox Chase Farm. Her website is www.meafarm.com

Trixie
Oct. 6, 2010, 12:52 PM
http://www.morningsidetrainingfarm.com/

http://www.morningsidetrainingfarm.com/TrainingFacilities/IndoorArena.aspx

You should be able to haul to use theirs. Obviously, call ahead and make an appointment, but it's an excellent facility and not far from you.

shantihorse
Oct. 6, 2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks everyone.

Any other suggestions? Possibly places closer to Atoka road?

SidesaddleRider
Oct. 6, 2010, 01:19 PM
I trailer to Foxcroft School's huge, perfect footing (from WEF) indoor in the evenings or weekends (it's only 5 min away for me). It is usually open 6-9 PM on weeknights, and 12-6 on weekends. Just call the stable tape to make sure that there is not an event going on there on the weekend. It is $15/horse.

shantihorse
Oct. 6, 2010, 01:49 PM
I trailer to Foxcroft School's huge, perfect footing (from WEF) indoor in the evenings or weekends (it's only 5 min away for me). It is usually open 6-9 PM on weeknights, and 12-6 on weekends. Just call the stable tape to make sure that there is not an event going on there on the weekend. It is $15/horse.

SWEET! This is what i was looking for ! i heard they allow ship ins! Do you know the number to call? do you have to schedule in adavance or just come any time from 6-9 weekdays and 12-6 weekends. Do the every allow other times or no?

THANKS!!

SidesaddleRider
Oct. 6, 2010, 02:02 PM
SWEET! This is what i was looking for ! i heard they allow ship ins! Do you know the number to call? do you have to schedule in adavance or just come any time from 6-9 weekdays and 12-6 weekends. Do the every allow other times or no?

THANKS!!

The stable number is 540-687-4582.

You call in advance, and listen to the full message on the machine, and as long as they don't say the arena is closed for "X" on a certain date, then you just leave a message saying, "Hi, this is "Y," and I'll be bringing # of horses at "Z" time on <date>." You don't get an appointment, it is just to alert the school security guards that someone will be there using the ring. Some nights there will be no one else there, othertimes there will be 9 people using the ring with 2 trainers giving lessons. It depends on what the weather is like. Trying to jump can sometimes be interesting. ;)

The message will give you the available dates/times to use the ring. They usually only allow those times, except on school holidays when the ring will be open 12-9 during the weekdays, because the equestrian program is really big there and they are running lessons in the ring(s).

Some key thing to remember: ALWAYS pick up your horse's poop in the indoor. The footing that WEF donated to the school is awesome (not to mention very white!), and they are determined to keep it that way. Also, if you are the first one there, you will have to turn on the lights in the ring, and if you are the last one there, remember to turn them off. Finally, always take your rig in and out of the stable entrance, which is down the road from the main school entrance. There is a push pad there to call the security guard to open the gates.

shantihorse
Oct. 6, 2010, 02:43 PM
Thank you so much for the info. Maybe we will see you there!
So I'm guessing by weather, you mean come rain and bad weather the ring is packed!

Anyplace Farm
Oct. 6, 2010, 02:45 PM
Another vote for Foxcroft. There is nowhere in the area where you can use such a nice facility for so little. It's been $15 to use that ring for as long as I can remember.

Also, can't beat the heated bathrooms AND they have drink and snack machines!

Just sign your release, pop it and your check in the box and you're good to go.

sooner
Oct. 6, 2010, 08:41 PM
You might try Denise Finch at Forecast Farm on Atoka Road.

shantihorse
Oct. 7, 2010, 12:11 AM
You might try Denise Finch at Forecast Farm on Atoka Road.

that would be super close. do you know how I can reach her? I didn't know they had an indoor there!

sar2008
Oct. 7, 2010, 10:49 AM
Her number is 540-364-0194 and email is Denise@Forecastfarms.com

Anyplace Farm
Oct. 7, 2010, 07:04 PM
Denise's indoor can be a little tough. It has thick rubber footing bits and after a few horses have gone thru, there is a footing-free trail along the rail. It is fairly small/tight and I always worried about slipping in there, especially after it had been watered. There is only room for a few jumps in the center of the ring, no lines. But, in terms of proximity to the OP, it might be a great deal. I love Denise but I don't love the indoor.

sarapony
Oct. 7, 2010, 09:22 PM
The stable number is 540-687-4582.

You call in advance, and listen to the full message on the machine, and as long as they don't say the arena is closed for "X" on a certain date, then you just leave a message saying, "Hi, this is "Y," and I'll be bringing # of horses at "Z" time on <date>." You don't get an appointment, it is just to alert the school security guards that someone will be there using the ring. Some nights there will be no one else there, othertimes there will be 9 people using the ring with 2 trainers giving lessons. It depends on what the weather is like. Trying to jump can sometimes be interesting. ;)

The message will give you the available dates/times to use the ring. They usually only allow those times, except on school holidays when the ring will be open 12-9 during the weekdays, because the equestrian program is really big there and they are running lessons in the ring(s).

Some key thing to remember: ALWAYS pick up your horse's poop in the indoor. The footing that WEF donated to the school is awesome (not to mention very white!), and they are determined to keep it that way. Also, if you are the first one there, you will have to turn on the lights in the ring, and if you are the last one there, remember to turn them off. Finally, always take your rig in and out of the stable entrance, which is down the road from the main school entrance. There is a push pad there to call the security guard to open the gates.

SSR is mostly correct in her post, but I must point out her error in the footing. The footing came from WIHS not WEF :cool:

Also, we ask that you not move the fences, or if you do, that you please return them to the original course.