PDA

View Full Version : USDF Convention/Symposium?

ctanner
Oct. 6, 2010, 09:42 AM
I am seriously thinking about going to the symposium with Lilo Fore in Jacksonville.Are any of you planning to go?

ctanner
Oct. 8, 2010, 07:55 AM
Anyone?

Pony Fixer
Oct. 8, 2010, 07:58 AM
I would love to go (getting several awards this year), but just went to the WEG. It's possible, but not probably that I will be there.

lorilu
Oct. 10, 2010, 11:05 AM
A group of us from Stride in Ocala will be there. (but really we are almost close enough to drive back and forth every night.....)
L

Home Again Farm
Oct. 10, 2010, 11:53 AM
Yes, definitely!

hoopoe
Oct. 10, 2010, 11:59 AM
I would rejoin USDF just to attend ANYTHING Lilo does

I have hung up my boots, have a great time and listen well

SunflowerMeadowsFarm
Oct. 11, 2010, 09:00 PM
I'm curious about convention/symposium. I am thinking of trying to go this year for the first time, as I've really been putting in the effort to educate myself as much as possible. Is this something a training/first level rider who aspires to eventually enter the L program would be able to gain a lot of knowledge from, or is it geared to more serious instructors/trainers, etc?

SunflowerMeadowsFarm
Oct. 20, 2010, 06:15 PM
bump... I'm really curious about how the convention/symposium works?

mjhco
Oct. 20, 2010, 06:26 PM
bump... I'm really curious about how the convention/symposium works?

There are a lot of educational opportunities.

There are a lot of business meetings.

http://www.usdf.org/convention/agenda.asp

for a list of the activities.

The symposium would be great for anyone competing or planning to compete.

Look over the agenda during the week and decide if coming during the week will be what you want to do. Definitely plan on the symposium.

mp
Oct. 20, 2010, 06:33 PM
I'm curious about convention/symposium. I am thinking of trying to go this year for the first time, as I've really been putting in the effort to educate myself as much as possible. Is this something a training/first level rider who aspires to eventually enter the L program would be able to gain a lot of knowledge from, or is it geared to more serious instructors/trainers, etc?

I didn't attend the meetings, just the symposium five years ago. It was great. Ingrid Klimke was the presenter. If Lilo Fore is half as good as she was, you will get plenty out of it.

PS -- I am a TL/first rider now. I'm not sure what I was 5 years ago. I guess I was an aspiring rider who never dreamed something so simple could be so hard. ;)

lorilu
Oct. 20, 2010, 09:13 PM
Well, I am looking forward to the symposium, but frankly the convention agenda looks really thin except for the business end of it all. Hope they get more speakers, otherwise I'll just go to the symposium....... and maybe Friday, if there is such a thing as a one day convention pass....
L