PDA

View Full Version : Vega Saddles



HRF Second Chance
Oct. 6, 2010, 09:10 AM
Looking for some input here.

I'm looking for a customizable saddle to my horse and my local tack shop has one for sale on consignmnet. I've had the Black Country rep out and an independent guy coming next week.

Horse is a typical TB according to the BC guy. Curvy back, tall withers, leading down to a nice round barrel (someone's got a belly). He had an Amerigo before that his previous owner had flocked twice.

I'm starting to feel a tad overwhelmed by all these saddle choices!

We do the hunters, FYI.

sar2008
Oct. 6, 2010, 09:18 AM
I love Vega's. I had an Amerigo Jump CC (which is a more 'custom' saddle than the Vega) since my Holst. was very difficult to fit. The two saddles ride very similar.

There is no proof to this statement, but I compare the two by saying Vega's fit 80% of horses and Amerigo's fit the other 20% that are hard to fit :D

If your horse is pretty typical, the Vega should fit him nicely. Perhaps thats why the Amerigo had to be re-flocked. He maybe just didn't need that custom of a saddle.

HRF Second Chance
Oct. 6, 2010, 09:26 AM
It does seem that people swear by the Amerigo's for a custom fit. I wanted to try a county but there isn't any around here! (Dallas area).

I think she said that she had to have it reflocked becuase when he got more fit, it started to fit different. He was pretty lean (eventing fit) when I bought him. But because we do hunters he's changed in size a little. Just being rounder. But that shouldn't really affect saddle fit from what the bc guy said.

sar2008
Oct. 6, 2010, 09:42 AM
The Amerigo's have a wood tree which would make sense she had to re-flock due to change. If he gained muscle in his shoulders, it could actually pinch him causing the need to re-flock.

Alternatly, the Vega's have a flexible polyamide tree with a steel headplate, which allows for some flexiblity of fit due to muscle change.

ERollison
Oct. 6, 2010, 08:59 PM
I LOVE my VEGA! I bought it for my wide quarter horse and it rides like a dream! He is much more comfortable in it too. I immediately noticed a difference in how well he was going on the flat and over fences.

horsewhisperer
Oct. 6, 2010, 10:16 PM
I am getting a BC... Haven't tried the Vega!