PDA

View Full Version : Who was the announcer at DAD

Lora
Oct. 4, 2010, 07:26 PM
Who was the announcer at DAD - I didn't like him at all - I had trouble understanding him - terrible music for the victory laps and dancing after the show on Sat. night.

What happened to the ring crew for Sat. night - they where no fun at all.

Loved the police with their drafts.

What does everyone think?

Mardi
Oct. 4, 2010, 07:48 PM
During the week it was Nicho Meredith (both breed show and dressage).

For the Saturday night GP, dunno if it was him or someone else (I wasn't there).

Lora
Oct. 4, 2010, 07:52 PM
During the week it was Nicho Meredith (both breed show and dressage).

For the Saturday night GP, dunno if it was him or someone else (I wasn't there).

Does he have an accent?

judybigredpony
Oct. 4, 2010, 08:06 PM
The regular announcer was at WEG and yes alot of people shared your opinion.

Plantagenet
Oct. 5, 2010, 09:18 PM
tastes differ, I loved Nicho

filly78
Oct. 5, 2010, 11:02 PM
I was there on Saturday night watching the freestyles and I definitely agree the announcer wasn't as good as Brian O'Conner. And I missed the ground crew dressed in drag...they always put on a good show! :)

grahamcracker
Oct. 6, 2010, 01:17 AM
I thought Nicho did a great job with the breed show. The ring crew hasn't done the drag thing for at least two years now. It's a different set of guys doing the ring maintenace. I highly doubt the drag will be back.

ise@ssl
Oct. 6, 2010, 11:19 AM
He was a bit flat as an announcer. But he was also having a lot of technical problems with the microphone system on Saturday night which made it worse.

His selection of music was lousy.

srg
Oct. 6, 2010, 12:26 PM
I was only there Saturday night (and perhaps this is explained by the "techincal difficulties") but I couldn't believe he was annoucing riders to come to the awards ceremony during the last two freestyles of the evening! During their actual ride and over the music.

tabula rashah
Oct. 6, 2010, 02:27 PM
Let's just say Brian was sorely missed

Lora
Oct. 6, 2010, 06:48 PM
Let's just say Brian was sorely missed

For Sure!

fyi - last year the ring crew didn't perform but it was pouring down rain (they didn't do any ring maintence) so I was hoping they would be back this year! There is always 2011!

Lora
Oct. 6, 2010, 06:49 PM
He was a bit flat as an announcer. But he was also having a lot of technical problems with the microphone system on Saturday night which made it worse.

His selection of music was lousy. 4 Sure!