PDA

View Full Version : Sparkly browband on Totilas?

Stormgsd
Oct. 4, 2010, 05:00 PM
Did I see correctly, but, was that a sparkling browband on the horse:yes: I loved the entire turnout of his turnout for the freestyle. The black coat with the white breeches and the black horse capped off by that sparkling browband was truly magical to me. Now if the audience could have cheered I would have been really happy:D I'm thinking with all the distractions going on in the areana that a silent audience really is hardly necessary though:lol:

Dressage_Julie
Oct. 4, 2010, 05:02 PM
I noticed the sparkling brow band in the freestyle televised on NBC yesterday... I loved the look on him! I totally did a double take! :)

Kelly in NJ
Dec. 1, 2010, 07:41 PM
Anyone know where to buy a browband like that?

Isabeau Z Solace
Dec. 1, 2010, 08:53 PM
Tacky, tacky, tacky, tacky tacky. I ask myself, "would Reiner Klimke put it on Ahlerich ?" Answer, "NO." Bleech. I need an antacid.

dwblover
Dec. 1, 2010, 08:56 PM
Well, Reiner Klimke was an older man, I wouldn't expect him to like blingy browbands!:lol: I love that browband, I love some sparkle and pizazz in my life!!

Wild Rose
Dec. 2, 2010, 01:38 AM
Tacky, tacky, tacky, tacky tacky. I ask myself, "would Reiner Klimke put it on Ahlerich ?" Answer, "NO." Bleech. I need an antacid.

Oh come now you don't really mean it.

PiaffePlease
Dec. 2, 2010, 07:04 PM
I liked the browband too and would like to know where to get one so sparkly.

Carli
Dec. 2, 2010, 07:12 PM
Check out (on the Downloads page) the Otto Schumacher catalog at www.os-sattlerei.com! Super bling:)

Shiaway
Dec. 2, 2010, 08:02 PM
I thought it was hideous, too Isabeau. You're not alone. Really over the top and tacky and took away from his handsome face.

Phaxxton
Dec. 2, 2010, 08:12 PM
I have to say that was among the ugliest bridles I've ever seen. I think I could have stomached the blingy browband if it didn't have the white padded noseband. :dead:

bort84
Dec. 3, 2010, 10:49 AM
I have to say that was among the ugliest bridles I've ever seen. I think I could have stomached the blingy browband if it didn't have the white padded noseband. :dead:

I'm a big Totilas fan, and I TOTALLY agree! However, I'm pretty conservative. I dislike white padding in general, and I REALLY dislike it when the padding isn't the same on the browband and cavesson.

I tend to think it should either match, or the browband should be the flashy part (though I honestly am not a big fan of blingy browbands in general). I think just the browband could have been okay because his face is dark with minimal markings. But yeah, not my style at all, haha.

I also really dislike the super wide and thick nosebands so many use in dressage. They're rarely flattering, and they don't need to be quite that wide to be comfy. I've had a devil of a time finding a thin-ish cavesson for my small headed horse.

Kelly in NJ
Dec. 3, 2010, 01:38 PM
Oh, well, naysayers! ;-)

I plan on getting a white padded nose band and a bling browband for Christmas!

I generally dislike the white padding, but one day had to ride with a white padded bridle, and it looked amazing on this one particular horse.

He is marked similarly to Toto, also with a refined but not small head. I think it will look great on him.

And if not, I'll just use it for schooling and use the plain black for shows.

Pommederue
Dec. 3, 2010, 01:39 PM
Bring on the bling. Totilas can wear whatever he wants and pull it off too. Who cares it Klimke would put it on Ahlerich?:lol:

Nojacketrequired
Dec. 3, 2010, 01:50 PM
"Bling" Browbands can be lovely or gosh-awful, depending on if they are the correct size/style and "weight" for the horse's face or not.

The ability to be able to "pull it off" is important to. Don't go in front a judge with a "10" browband and then only have a "6" ride! I didn't see the browband on Totillas, but I'm pretty sure he could do it justice.

What I'm having trouble imagining is that anyone is surprised to see a horse wearing a custom browband in dressage?

NJR

bort84
Dec. 3, 2010, 03:26 PM
What I'm having trouble imagining is that anyone is surprised to see a horse wearing a custom browband in dressage?

NJR

I honestly think I could live with the sparkly custom browband on him - he's dark and doesn't have a lot of white on his face. Plus it's gold, and he's won lots of gold, so it seems fitting = )

I just really really don't like it paired with a super wide black and white cavesson...

But obviously he can wear whatever he wants, haha.

Shiaway
Dec. 3, 2010, 05:00 PM
"Bling" Browbands can be lovely or gosh-awful, depending on if they are the correct size/style and "weight" for the horse's face or not.

The ability to be able to "pull it off" is important to. Don't go in front a judge with a "10" browband and then only have a "6" ride! I didn't see the browband on Totillas, but I'm pretty sure he could do it justice.

NJR

I'm not surprised at all. I just think it's ugly. And I wouldn't give that browband a 10 at all. I also don't think the judges are looking at your horse's browband--well in this case they might be sheilding their eyes from the blinding reflection of the it. LOL

Actually I knew someone who's horse kept spooking at the light reflecting off his blingy browband. That was pretty funny.

SillyHorse
Dec. 3, 2010, 06:20 PM

I thought it was hideous, too Isabeau. You're not alone. Really over the top and tacky and took away from his handsome face.
I couldn't agree more. Ugly and tacky to the nth degree. :dead:

tuppysmom
Dec. 3, 2010, 10:27 PM
I am just home from the 2010 stallion inspections for both the Hannovarians and the Trakehners. Every single one of those youngsters had a bling brow band. The tack shops in the trade fair had plenty of them on display.

HuntrJumpr
Dec. 3, 2010, 10:48 PM
Now, I'm not a dressage rider, but love following it and I thought the bling browband looked smashing on him. I loved the sparkly, and the shape worked well with his face. In my opinion. :)