PDA

View Full Version : So begins my Horse Show Mom career...

sspry
Oct. 4, 2010, 04:38 PM
My six year old daughter went to a show Sunday. Now, I am not new to this. I have been riding and showing for 30 years. (Can't believe I just admitted this.) But this was the first time I got to be Horse Show Mom!!! How fun and nerve wracking. ;) DH and I got up at 5:00 am to have kid and pony loaded and ready to roll by 6. We got to the show grounds and had an older girl ride the pony around for a bit as he has not been off the farm for a couple years. He was very good so we put DD up. She schooled great. As far as showing- she ended up 8 &U Cross Rail Eq Champion! So proud of her. Looking forward to many years of being a Horse Show Mom!

Hunter Mom
Oct. 4, 2010, 04:43 PM
Congrats - it's definitely a whole new ball of wax!

mroades
Oct. 4, 2010, 05:00 PM
Congratulations!!! Yep, you are in trouble now...lol

Sparky
Oct. 4, 2010, 05:13 PM
It's a great journey. My DD is now 41 and still has the same passion she had at 6. Enjoy every minute!

Nickelodian
Oct. 4, 2010, 05:30 PM
Congrats!

Can someone please enlighten me re: DH and DD?

Limerick
Oct. 4, 2010, 05:37 PM
Congrats!! Hope you took lots of photos! The years will fly by.

DH=darling husband
DD=darling daughter

Brydelle Farm
Oct. 4, 2010, 05:53 PM
Congrats!!! :) Pics??

crazyhorses
Oct. 4, 2010, 06:55 PM
Aw yay! I'm so glad she had a great show.

Good luck venturing into horse show mom world... my poor mom has never been the same since... ;-) :P

Mayaty02
Oct. 4, 2010, 07:01 PM
very fun! I just became a horse show mom this year to my 7 yr old :) Who knew they have a whole W/T division? :) Too funny...she is hoping to move up to cross rails soon and then I'm sure I'll be even more nervous! Isn't it fun? I just recently returned to the show ring myself and i have to say, it's alot more fun watching my DD show than doing it myself!

SimonandGus
Oct. 4, 2010, 08:39 PM
Congrats! I'm sure your daughter appreciates you!

Muggle Mom
Oct. 4, 2010, 10:35 PM
Congrats! I wish I could go back in time and be a show mom again. I still go to DD's shows, but it's not the same when they're in their 20's. lol

angelpower1
Oct. 5, 2010, 11:59 AM
Congrats to the new show mom(s)! :D

I'm looking forward to seeing mine next week (approx. 12 years since the 1st time) and she's gotten better with age (mine, not hers)! :lol:

Took me being at college trailering my horse to a show by myself the 1st time to realize how special it is to have a Show Mom - - you're all quite wonderful! :)

Luckily, my trainer/coach hauls me to the paint shows now and Mom drives north with the dog, food, and of course, the checkbook. ;)

Congrats, again!

sar2008
Oct. 5, 2010, 01:22 PM
Yay! My DD is 2 and has already been bitten by the pony bug. I looking foward to every bit of it (minus the part where it puts a huge dent in my check book;))