PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mods:

dilligaff2
Oct. 4, 2010, 03:18 PM
Can the Rollkur/Hyperflexion/LDR/I'm right and you are wrong so neener neener there! people PLEASE have their own little hidden sub-board someplace.

Please??

Pretty Please??

With Sugar on top???

Signed Dilli who's scrolly finger is getting tired from trying to find a real topic to read.

BetterOffRed
Oct. 4, 2010, 04:43 PM
where's the like button?

belgianWBLuver
Oct. 4, 2010, 04:54 PM
Red - I'll drink to that - Stella Artois please!!!!:lol:

BetterOffRed
Oct. 4, 2010, 05:01 PM
Hey BelgianWBLuver! Make that another Stella Artois for me too!

I'm gonna hijack this thread for just a minute- did you see the Italian Eventer: Stefano Brecciaroli And Apollo Van De Wendi Kurt Hoeve. When I saw that horses name I thought to myself, "there's a BWP for sure!" It's great to see BWPs at the WEG!

belgianWBLuver
Oct. 4, 2010, 05:10 PM
here's a link to the pic - what a horse!!!!:yes:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03102010/2/photo/03102010222328.html

ASBnTX
Oct. 4, 2010, 05:11 PM
Totally agree!!! As someone who is fairly new to Dressage, it depresses me to think that this is all there is to discuss. It's very clear that the two sides are never going to agree, so move them to their own section so they can snipe amongst themselves :yes:

mp
Oct. 4, 2010, 05:29 PM
If people would stop replying (aka a "taking the bait"), those hand-wringing, RK is the anti-Christ, OMG I'm giving up dressage threads wouldn't be at the top of the page all the time.

There are plenty of good discussions going on. Post on those and just add the hand-wringers/keyboard riders to your ignore list.

Bogey2
Oct. 4, 2010, 05:33 PM
yeah, I am with dilli, it's getting stupid that 3 or 4 posters are just beating a dead horse and boring the hell out of the place. OK, we get it, you don't like real dressage...you want bitless, bridleless, saddleless...whatever. Start you own society and leave the rest of us the hell alone.

Bogey2
Oct. 4, 2010, 05:35 PM
If people would stop replying (aka a "taking the bait"), those hand-wringing, RK is the anti-Christ, OMG I'm giving up dressage threads wouldn't be at the top of the page all the time.

I agree, however, they keep talking to themselves and replying/bumping or starting new threads.

BetterOffRed
Oct. 4, 2010, 05:44 PM
I agree, however, they keep talking to themselves and replying/bumping or starting new threads.

don't forget attempting to hijack threads. :yes:

I am going to start putting disclaimers on my topics: "No bitless/rollkurista/NH/crank&flashless/too-stupid-to-live posters need to respond"

dilligaff2
Oct. 4, 2010, 05:47 PM
I LOVED that horse's name!

Or interrupting others-the 'my instuctor was at WEG' thread for example.

Stellas all around!

Ghazzu
Oct. 4, 2010, 05:57 PM
you might try employing the handy dandy ignore feature...

Percheron X
Oct. 4, 2010, 08:52 PM
But how far do you take censorship, and at what risk to your own opportunity for expression.

Expressing your opinion is like voting for your beliefs.

BetterOffRed
Oct. 4, 2010, 09:52 PM
Percheron X....you've been so insightful in the past. Please don't disappoint me and make me use the ignore button on you. That would make me sad blue face.-> :(

dilligaff2
Oct. 4, 2010, 09:54 PM
Nobody is saying people can't express themselves -just not on every stinkin thread.

Tell you what--when an original thought shows up it can be given top billing. Until then all repeats must be treated as SPAM

candico
Oct. 4, 2010, 10:44 PM
Stella happens to be my favorite beer! Pressing the LIKE button and working on the IGNORE list.

lintesia
Oct. 5, 2010, 12:19 AM
Stella??? What about Duvel or Chimay or Leffe or Hougaarden???? Those are all much tastier Belgian beers, imho!!!

NCRider
Oct. 5, 2010, 12:27 AM
So basically you want the Mods to block everyone who is against horse abuse? Got it. :lol:

stoicfish
Oct. 5, 2010, 12:50 AM
So basically you want the Mods to block everyone who is against horse abuse? Got it. :lol:

Poor Dilli, your thread lasted 18 posts before the irony train chugged on through.
Do you know what I think horse abuse is - those poor Clydesdales that have to haul around Budweiser. That is not a good beer.
Stella is nice but I agree with some of the other mentioned choices.

P.S. I am rather fond of this one (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Speckled_Hen). And no chicken were hurt during the brewing of this beer, well except for the missing wings that were needed for the hot sauce ...that goes well with the beer.

Blue Domino
Oct. 5, 2010, 01:23 AM
Nobody is saying people can't express themselves -just not on every stinkin thread.

Tell you what--when an original thought shows up it can be given top billing. Until then all repeats must be treated as SPAM

Dear does it look like u give a flying frijole.

Does it look like i give a flying frijole?

Percheron X
Oct. 5, 2010, 04:12 AM
Percheron X....you've been so insightful in the past. Please don't disappoint me and make me use the ignore button on you. That would make me sad blue face.-> :(

What is disappointment... to feel expectation... to have a sense of hope that something will be of a certain nature or condition...

Could expectation be akin to need?

To receive an expected gift and instead find other then what one expects... does this diminish the intent of the giver? If there is no communication as to what may be expected, how does one anticipate what may cause disappointment?

If one has need of something, is it their responsibility to bring those needs to the awareness of all who may be capable of providing, or is it the duty of those who may provide to anticipate the needs of those who may want.

Could the voices of dissent actually be cries of help to understand that which causes distress.

To love one horse and to project that love onto all horses.

To have wants that have gone unfulfilled but to have no understanding of them.

To be heard.

dilligaff2
Oct. 5, 2010, 08:23 AM
Poor Dilli, your thread lasted 18 posts before the irony train chugged on through.
Do you know what I think horse abuse is - those poor Clydesdales that have to haul around Budweiser. That is not a good beer.
Stella is nice but I agree with some of the other mentioned choices.

P.S. I am rather fond of this one (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Speckled_Hen). And no chicken were hurt during the brewing of this beer, well except for the missing wings that were needed for the hot sauce ...that goes well with the beer.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thomas_1
Oct. 5, 2010, 08:31 AM
Can the Rollkur/Hyperflexion/LDR/I'm right and you are wrong so neener neener there! people PLEASE have their own little hidden sub-board someplace.

Please??

Pretty Please??

With Sugar on top???

Signed Dilli who's scrolly finger is getting tired from trying to find a real topic to read.

While we're at it can posts about shopping, horse names, what to wear, my horse not doesn't win only because of prejudice, the day to day mundane, using household cleaning products as treatment, go there too? :yes::winkgrin:

SillyHorse
Oct. 5, 2010, 08:36 AM
Y'all need to just start your own board and censor it in any way you want.

BetterOffRed
Oct. 5, 2010, 09:26 AM
The BWP drinks Guinness Extra Stout. :eek: Will he be excommunicated by the Belgisch Warmbloed Paard

And while I do love an icy cold Stella, since it is October I've been indulging in some Spaten. And, I gotta save my calories so the tack room fridge is stocked up with that MGD 64. It's pretty good! :yes: I pick it up at the Git it Kwik down the road from the barn. Will this cause me to be sensored and banned? I hope not because I haven't posted pictures of my Anky Altar to the Rollkur God, El Dee-arrrr! I am sure that will send all the rollkuristas fleeing to the UD Biddies for protection!

dilligaff2
Oct. 5, 2010, 10:22 AM
While we're at it can posts about shopping, horse names, what to wear, my horse not doesn't win only because of prejudice, the day to day mundane, using household cleaning products as treatment, go there too? :yes::winkgrin:

There already is a place for this. It is called the junior forums on Horse Grooming Supplies or if you are Canadian; EMG ;)

PS Thomas--Windex cures everything!

Thomas_1
Oct. 5, 2010, 10:29 AM
There already is a place for this. It is called the junior forums on Horse Grooming Supplies or if you are Canadian; EMG ;)

PS Thomas--Windex cures everything! I'm excluded from there!

HiyoSilver
Oct. 5, 2010, 10:42 AM

I thought it was raspberry leaves and listerine.

or judging from this thread, BEER.

Since I don't drink beer, I guess I will never be cured. :(

DEAR MODS I THINK YOU'RE DOING A FINE JOB. :yes:

SillyHorse
Oct. 5, 2010, 12:51 PM

I thought it was raspberry leaves and listerine.

No, it's definitely Windex. Proof of this can be found by watching "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." :lol:

Velvet
Oct. 5, 2010, 01:40 PM
Oh, please. Stop crying in your beer over the rollkur/hyperflexion/LDR people. Just learn how to do what we old timers used to do out here...hijack THEIR threads, but in a humorous way. We freely swing frying pans, Aunt Esther's Purse, fruitbats, and call gargage gnomes what they are (that would be calling them "garage gnomes in public, if you didn't understand that).

We also will get into bar brawls and mud fights while wearing Prada shoes. (Well, suzy wears hers all the time, so they end up getting involved in the brawls/fights.)

I think judicious use of the ignore feature can be helpful, but just keeping your sense of humor and fun, and hijacking their threads as a large group is often the best way to deal with this sort of thing.

Remember, we all got in this sport in the first place because it was FUN and we love the horses. So, go have fun and bring out the frying pans! :yes:

(BTW, if you can't already tell that hijacking works...have you read this thread? :lol: )

princessfluffybritches
Oct. 5, 2010, 05:35 PM
I think the negative/anti/done wrong posts are actually challenging and stimulating. If I read only good stuff, I would never learn anything.
And Percheron just takes longer to say this LOL

Percheron X
Oct. 5, 2010, 07:43 PM
I think the negative/anti/done wrong posts are actually challenging and stimulating. If I read only good stuff, I would never learn anything.
And Percheron just takes longer to say this LOL

There's a very interesting dynamic in attempting to construct an idea that can encompass an emotional component that might be understood separately from the subject.

Example...

To ride well is to discover that you can, but to then realize that you always could.

Velvet
Oct. 5, 2010, 10:13 PM
Who's got the fruitbat?

stoicfish
Oct. 5, 2010, 10:26 PM
Who's got the fruitbat?

The beer (http://www.wilburton.org.uk/BeerFestival/drink_details/2006/brewery_name/56/), I assume... (http://www.banksandtaylor.com/friutbat.html)

oldenmare
Oct. 5, 2010, 10:34 PM
Personally, Velvet, I prefer my Jimmy Choos. Choos Shoes. What's not to love?

And wine to beer anyday, dahlin'.

Oh - and one more comment to those who promote censorship:

"why, bless your hearts"

Percheron X
Oct. 5, 2010, 10:35 PM
Who's got the fruitbat?

Who knows if Who has the fruitbat.

Velvet
Oct. 5, 2010, 10:59 PM
"why, bless your hearts"

I don't think they'll understand. Time for a mud wrestling contest!

dilligaff2
Oct. 6, 2010, 08:47 AM
Hmm...so far we have gotten

HORSE ABUSE

and

CENSORSHIP

out of the way.

Anyway we can throw in a PARRELLI for the Trifecta?:lol:

BetterOffRed
Oct. 6, 2010, 09:28 AM
Seriously people, I wonder what vintage "Pocket Trainer" would recommend? Would she be offended by beer?

dilligaff2
Oct. 6, 2010, 10:06 AM
Maybe more of a 'Shandy' drinker?

Bogey2
Oct. 6, 2010, 11:54 AM
another beer drinker here..Stell is my summer beer...Harpoon IPA for the off seasons:)

Hmm...so far we have gotten

HORSE ABUSE

and

CENSORSHIP

out of the way.

Anyway we can throw in a PARRELLI for the Trifecta

I think this covers it!:lol: