PDA

View Full Version : Where to break a small pony in NoVA?

sar2008
Oct. 4, 2010, 04:02 PM
So I have a super cute small pony. When I got her, I was under the impression she was already broke and started U/S. I have an experienced working student I was going to put on her.

Based on general handling, I am getting the impression this mare is not broke. She doesn't even really seem to have been handled all that much and I just don't feel comfortable putting my WS on her.

Anyone know of small, professional adult riders that will put 30days on a small pony?

TIA!!!

PS I would do it myself, but I think I may look a bit funny at 5'9....

sar2008
Oct. 5, 2010, 10:45 AM
Bump. Suggestions? Anyone? I know some of you NoVa COTHers have to have small ponies.........

Janet
Oct. 5, 2010, 10:52 AM
If it were me, I would call Pam Simoneau at Pony Haven Farm. I don't know if she currently has someone who could do that, but if not, she would know who does.

sar2008
Oct. 5, 2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks Janet! I will for sure give her a call :yes:

angelpower1
Oct. 5, 2010, 11:17 AM
oh, she moved...but I would send my pony to Mayes Show Ponies; she had helped me with my Sec. A many years ago.

sar2008
Oct. 5, 2010, 11:24 AM
oh, she moved...but I would send my pony to Mayes Show Ponies; she had helped me with my Sec. A many years ago.

She requires they be started U/S :(

llsc
Oct. 5, 2010, 02:08 PM
If you are willing to travel to NJ, Lauren Newmeyer is fantastic at breaking and training ponies. I send her all my young ponies and she has done a fantastic job and she takes excellent care of them. Her website is www.hunterpony.net

headsup
Oct. 5, 2010, 03:32 PM
Drew Taylor

VirginiaBred
Oct. 5, 2010, 08:04 PM
Drew TaylorDrew is hands down the best to do the job. However, she lives in Montpelier Station, VA and that's not northern Virginia.

On a separate note, 30 days under saddle is hardly a good start. More like 60-90 for a good start.

sar2008
Oct. 6, 2010, 11:46 AM
Drew is hands down the best to do the job. However, she lives in Montpelier Station, VA and that's not northern Virginia.

On a separate note, 30 days under saddle is hardly a good start. More like 60-90 for a good start.

Thanks! I will get in contact with her.

I have a very capable junior that can finish her off. For liability reasons, I don' t feel comfortable putting her on an unbroke pony.

I just need someone to get on her and w/t/c both directions. I have broke many horses, unfortunatly I am too big for a small pony or I would be doing this myseld.....(ground work and all) and have rarely needed more then 30 days for this.

Kristin
Oct. 6, 2010, 01:34 PM
sar2008 I just sent you a PM!