PDA

View Full Version : How do I get sadl-tite off of my boots?

preciouspony
Oct. 3, 2010, 06:43 PM
I made the mistake of lending my spare boots to a friend to use at a few shows this year. I just got them back the other day and the inside is covered in a good couple of layers of that sadl-tite stuff. :mad: I've been scrubbing for a long time and I am hoping there is an easier way to get this gunk off without spending the rest of my evening scrubbing these boots and rubbing them raw. I am thinking she used the kind in the orange can and not the little deodorant like stick because I can't pick it off with my finger nails.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help me out of this sticky situation? (Bad pun, I know!)

Tuesday's Child
Oct. 3, 2010, 08:24 PM
I have no experience with sadl-tite, but what are you scrubbing with? Have you tried castille soap? If it's just on the inside of the boot you could maybe try a little rubbing alcohol or something, then condition really well after! Good luck!

Good2Go
Oct. 3, 2010, 08:45 PM
What about Goo-Gone? Maybe a little nail polish remover if the adhesive is built up a lot.

appdream
Oct. 3, 2010, 09:12 PM
Adhesives remove easily with oil, try neatsfoot or a cooking oil.

Kikki
Oct. 4, 2010, 12:59 AM
I've had good luck with hot water. That's what I use to get it off.

pictureonemore
Oct. 4, 2010, 01:43 AM
This is going to sound crazy, but make a solution of Lemon Ammonia and water. Make sure you really dilute it though. I usually use a couple cap fulls in a regular size water bucket. It really works, I swear!

myalter1
Oct. 4, 2010, 02:27 PM
I use the stuff in the orange can all the time (i am a chicken amateur and when i do the Eq, i like my leg to STICK) and i have never had the experience you are describing. No words of wisdom here...

pds
Oct. 4, 2010, 02:43 PM
I use the spray on stuff in the orange can as well. A little warm water and saddle soap works for me.

SimonandGus
Oct. 4, 2010, 02:54 PM
Its hard to get off now probably because she never cleaned the boots after riding in them, so it built up. I've used it when my superhorse decides to go into super mode ;) and cleaning my boots after, just wiping off the dirt and maybe a little leather new/ Belvoir conditioner keeps them in great shape, stick free for my next ride. Good luck.

preciouspony
Oct. 5, 2010, 09:37 AM
Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I ended up using the goo gone and it came off after a bit more scrubbing! Don't know why I didn't think about that in the first place, it makes the most sense.

I definitely won't be lending out my boots again unless she promises to take care of them next time!

Thanks again!

Good2Go
Oct. 5, 2010, 09:42 AM
Sometimes the things that make the most sense are the hardest to think of :winkgrin:

Hunterlover17
Oct. 5, 2010, 11:04 AM
If anyone knows how to get sadle-tite off saddle pads, let me know! A friend borrowed my saddle/saddle pad for a show. Saddle came back fine with no residue. The saddle pad has black goo on the saddle pad behind where the leg should be (guess the sadle-tit didn't work so well :)) that won't wash off.