PDA

View Full Version : anyone ride at/know of Venture Farm in maine?

cabinessence
Oct. 3, 2010, 05:35 PM
Hi all!
I'm about to relocate to maine and am searching for a new barn to take lessons/possibly lease at. Venture Farm in pownal looked to me like one of the better h/j stables in the area, and I was wondering if anyone on these forums rides there or has any opinion about this stable--or glowing recommendations for others in the "within 30-40 mins of portland" region. I will actually be living on an island off the coast and have not quite figured out mainland transportation, so I would LOVE to connect with someone who lives in portland and rides there to possibly carpool!

In terms of what I'm looking for, I'm a back-in-the-saddle after a 5 year hiatus adult rider who did a lot of A-circuit showing as a junior but these days is pretty content just to find a place where the instruction is decent, horses are well-cared for, and there's a school horse or two in the barn who actually does 3'. Possible opportunity to lease or work with green and/or sales horses would be a plus.
Thanks!

goldponies
Oct. 4, 2010, 02:24 PM
Ginger (Venture) has been around for a long time. Chez Chevaux is near Venture farm, Owner (Karen) is pretty nice. Runs some schooling shows that are pretty decent. www. chezchevaux.net. Maine has a funny bunch of hunter/jumper barns. Good luck.