PDA

View Full Version : Good Equitation Trainer in CT

trireaching3
Oct. 3, 2010, 05:28 PM
Can anyone recommend a good equitation trainer in CT? My daughter wants to move up to the 3'6" eq.

supershorty628
Oct. 3, 2010, 05:30 PM
What part of CT? How far are you willing to travel?

JumpinBean17
Oct. 3, 2010, 05:40 PM
Depends where you are in CT but I highly recommend Armand/Martha Chenelle of Windcrest stables in Hebron CT

kingpin
Oct. 3, 2010, 05:52 PM
Timmy Kees in Newtown

NYCGIRL
Oct. 3, 2010, 06:16 PM
I second Timmy Kees http://www.burrassociates.com/ if your daughter wants to do the Medal/Maclay go to finals etc. If you are more specific on goals budget etc I can be more helpful also where do you live and how far are your willing to travel.

IngenueP
Oct. 3, 2010, 07:35 PM
I think you should check out Kristi Smith, who trains at Cedar brook farm. She is located in madison. she is an awesome trainer who trained with some of the best trainers when she was a junior. :). if you want to go to medal and maclay finals i would reallly stongly suggest her!! Mark Jungherr also trians at cedar brook. he helps out at shows, and is a great grand prix rider and a usef R rated judge, who has judged everywhere to devon and usef medal finals

also, her website is http://www.cedarbrookhorses.com/

touchstone-
Oct. 3, 2010, 08:53 PM
Kristi Smith is excellent.

Linda Langmeier is another eq veteran in CT.

There are also several barns with good training near the CT/NY border (Timmy Kees among them). It would help to know where you're located and how much you want to spend/go on the road. Different folks may be more appropriate than others depending.

Jumperprincess
Oct. 4, 2010, 06:12 AM
"Moving up to 3-6"- do you own a horse capable of doing 3-6,do you need to lease a horse, are you willing to travel to shows with the trainer, do you have a lower level practice horse? There is alot to consider in the climb to 3-6 land. Where abouts in CT are you interested in?

STA
Oct. 4, 2010, 02:05 PM
Jackie McQuade in North Salem, just over the NY/CT border. Schyler Hill Farm

lifeisstillunwritten
Oct. 8, 2010, 04:29 PM
Kristy McCormack in Litchfield, CT

trireaching3
Oct. 21, 2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks for all the info guys! It was really helpful!

By George!
Oct. 22, 2010, 07:39 PM
Kate Oliver and Val Renihan, both Fairfield/Westchester area, although I'm not sure exactly which towns.