PDA

View Full Version : TB pedigree experts...I need your help!

SuperEventer
Oct. 2, 2010, 07:53 PM
What do you all think of the pedigree for this TB mare for sport horse breeding?

http://www.pedigreequery.com/red+handed+robin

camohn
Oct. 2, 2010, 10:36 PM
In short: likely to get something with a good jump and also a 'tude. At least by your name you are an eventer and not a hunter.
2nd generation: Chieftain who is quite typical of the Bold Ruler line: bay, solid boned, good mover/jumper and the Bold Ruler Tude: you can negotiate with them but do not pick a fight with them/ you will NOT win.
3rd generation: Roberto is split on the temperment. Gives good hunter movement/jump but some of his offspring have hunter temperments and some are TOUGH.
4th generation (for family not already covered by Cheiftain and Roberto): more Roman (good solid old family), Damascus (good jump)

SuperEventer
Oct. 3, 2010, 09:17 AM
Awesome! She'd be bred to a very lovely Hano stallion with great movement and temperament. All of his babies, so far, have had superb temperaments. The mare has won over $100K racing and is a proven broodmare. I just don't know much about the TB lines as sporthorses. I can handle a bit of 'tude. :)