PDA

View Full Version : Saddles for the wide horse...

ChestnutShowJumper
Oct. 2, 2010, 12:28 PM
Hi all,
I have always had narrow tbs and recently purchased an antares for my mare. I love this saddle and since it is a medium was hoping it would fit my young horse. She is also a tb and looked like she would be a narrow to medium.. Unfortunately for me she needs a 34cm tree already and she is still filling out some. I am now looking for a saddle for her and was wondering if yall had any suggestions? I need to find something used and reasonable as I just bought the antares before this young horse came along. Any thoughts on prestige? Thanks in advance!

:)

stellar hope
Oct. 2, 2010, 03:50 PM
I had a very wide appendix, and I purchased a Killington. Not only was the tree wide, but the rear panels were flat and wide so that is displaced the weight further across the back of the horse. It was more comfortable than a Butet and reasonable. email me for more info at walkeral77@hotmail.com

naters
Oct. 4, 2010, 03:38 PM
Check the bits and barter board. Lots of wide nicer saddles on there right now.

Jaideux
Oct. 4, 2010, 08:45 PM
I don't remember my horse's exact measurements, but he is taking a wide tree in the Black Country Ricochet (just bought it today!!!). And, he's a HEFTY boy. Quite the thick Canadian TB with big ol' knees and feet to support his 17h body. Gets mistaken for some sort of warmblood all the time.

Send a tracing to Trumbull Mtn Tack. They're simply the best. If they sell a brand that works for your horse (and they deal in a lot of used saddles!), you'll get no better customer service than them. The trial policy there is a week of riding- no limits. Take a lesson in it every day for all they care. Just make sure you make a decision/send it back within a week so you don't end up buying it at the end of the trial if you don't want it!!

ChocoMare
Oct. 5, 2010, 01:59 PM
Duett - http://www.duettsaddles.com/ ;)

spmoonie
Oct. 5, 2010, 06:47 PM
County saddles generally run wide. My medium is more of a medium wide.

GilbertsCreeksideAcres
Oct. 5, 2010, 06:50 PM
Thornhill XW

ERollison
Oct. 6, 2010, 09:03 PM
I have a Vega wide tree for my growing AQHA gelding. LOVE IT!!