PDA

View Full Version : The WEG - WOW

Velvet
Oct. 2, 2010, 12:23 PM
What a WEG for dressage! And what an awesome win for Steffen! So cool that he finally got the right ride at the right time and won the bronze in the special and the freestyle. So cool for him. :D

candico
Oct. 2, 2010, 12:43 PM
Last night was the first time I thought there should be five medals awarded and five horse and riders deserved the respect of a victory round. I'm not sure that the placings should have been different, but I do think the scores should have been much, much, much closer. It's hard for me because I think Toto had his personal best during the Special, so the bobbles in the FS were a huge let down. Maybe it would be different if it was the first time seeing him perform... I think the GP was the highlight for Alf, and the FS was the best for Ravel, Fuego, and Sunrise.
Anyway, what a thrill that we have six, because Parcival should be included, phenomenal dressage horses at the top all at once. In the past there have been usually one to three that blew your mind, but last night was such a joy to just one after the other be blown away. And all such different types!!!
My personal fave for the night was Imke's actually. But again, thanks to all for such an inspiring night. Ok, take that back... All the riders and horses, not so much some of the judging!

Coreene
Oct. 2, 2010, 01:09 PM
So sad about Parcival, we'd have had a different podium.

atr
Oct. 2, 2010, 02:38 PM
The freestyle must be so difficult to score--so many different elements to consider. At the end of the day, what's more important, artistic impression or correctness? (And by correctness I don't just mean accuracy of individual movement performance, but correctness of movement as per gaits, etc.)

Rather them than me.

And I agree, how great is it to have such a fabulous group of horses and riders at the top of their game all competing against each other at one time? How lucky to be able to see this.

I found most of the riding at the upper end of the scoring throughout the entire competition to be quite inspiring. Yes, there were things that made me cringe, but the vast majority of the riding appeared quiet and sympathetic, and the horses seemed relaxed and content and allowed to do their work.