PDA

View Full Version : Ever change knee blocks on Passier?

myhorsefaith
Oct. 2, 2010, 12:01 PM
So I happened out of good fortune to get a Passier Antares for very little $. Its a 17.5" MW and fits like a dream on one of my horses. LOFF the fit for her, really can't get better than that.

For me, however, meh. When I first sat on it I greatly disliked it. I decided to give it another chance and rode in it again- and ok, I can be convinced to ride in it.

What I think would make this saddle better is to support my wayward legs and add bigger knee blocks or velcro so i can change them out (i have a couple sets of these).

Has anyone done this to a Passier? I'm going to take it to our ancient saddler later today to see if he can do it. But before I do that I thought i'd ask the COTH public if they've ever done this before.

Thanks!!

myhorsefaith
Oct. 2, 2010, 04:47 PM
LWell if anyone is interested: saddler is removing the small block and installing the velcro patch for 30 bucks. Sweet!!

suzy
Oct. 4, 2010, 01:44 PM
I sent my Passier to Schleese in Canada, and they made two different interchangeable thigh blocks for me. Absolutely loved them as did person who bought the saddle from me.

myhorsefaith
Oct. 11, 2010, 03:35 PM
Got the saddle back- worked great! However, I've discovered that i think the seat is just too big for me, the flaps too long...it need to be sold to a longer legged rider. I guess I could have the flaps shortened, but I'm going to sell it instead.

Brilliant velcro-block adds, though!!