PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to the WEG Freestyle Designers

Mike Matson
Oct. 1, 2010, 10:12 PM
Tonight I think we witnessed some of the finest music selections and choreography for freestyles gathered in one location. It was of remarkable high caliber - a tribute to the many freestyle designers involved - and another great moment for "dancing horses". I hope those in the broadcast media took note of the stands packed with 25,000 people.

I do have one request to make it even better in the future - will someone please find some great music for Totilas?

And for those who haven't seen the freestyles, you are in for a real treat from the Spanish if it gets posted on YouTube.

So, tell us which freestyle was your favorite. Mine - Imke Bartels. From an artistic perspective - perfection!

netg
Oct. 1, 2010, 11:44 PM
And for those who haven't seen the freestyles, you are in for a real treat from the Spanish if it gets posted on YouTube.

He was my favorite for sure!

Imke's timing was so perfect, but her music just bored me, to be honest. It was wonderful as far as timing and rhythm and suited the horse... I was just completely unexcited by it. Definitely a personal musical preference, and I can't argue with any statement that the way it was put together and her timing to it were just absolutely perfect.

TeamWahlen
Oct. 1, 2010, 11:54 PM
I so agree with you about Totilas - I wish someone would redo his music!

I loved Imke's ride and honestly felt that she got ripped off with her scoring. It was just so pleasant to watch and the rhythm was just so clear and precise!

My favorite had to be the fan-fav of the night: Fuego! I mean, how can you not adore a man who loves his horse so much that he is willing to risk ruining a perfectly nice ride by pumping up the crowd to appreciate his horse? I thoroughly enjoyed watching riders who loved to ride their horses (Ashley Holzer was another one who you could tell was enjoying every moment out there!)