PDA

View Full Version : Lacing Field Boots

Mtn trails
Oct. 1, 2010, 10:38 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed before but have a question. I researched this topic on the web and came up with directions for lacing but none of them described lacing so the tie is on the inside. My Ariats are laced that way and before I take them apart to see how it's done so I can lace my new boots that way, I want to see if anyone here has a link or directions on how to achieve this. I don't like the floppy bow on the outside that is bound to come undone so.....

Thanks for all info

klmck63
Oct. 1, 2010, 10:46 PM
Are you sure they aren't elastic laces? My Ariats came with them and they have no knot.

Otherwise, I'm not sure! Lacing them the regular way is tough enough! I always get them messed up when I have to take them off.

mvp
Oct. 3, 2010, 10:52 AM
You can do this but it's a little hard to explain.

The key for putting the tie (in the middle of the set of hole) on the inside is to have the laces emerge from those middle holes on the underside of the leather. Assuming you have an odd number of paired holes, you get that done by having the laces a the top and bottom holes go from outside to inside.

Do you need more help with lacing? This is where it gets messy to explain.

Anyplace Farm
Oct. 3, 2010, 09:32 PM
We just did ladder lacing (the laces go straight across), tie the bow and you tuck it under the laces. That's how I was taught. Been doing it that way for about 25 years.

lesson junkie
Oct. 3, 2010, 09:40 PM
Is there another sport where adults trade instruction on how to tie their shoes?:lol:

Mtn trails
Oct. 4, 2010, 02:12 PM
LJ - LOL, very funny had a good chuckle. I'll have to practice but I think I have the idea. Thanks.

sarcam02
Oct. 4, 2010, 02:58 PM
try this link

http://www.crazyhorsetack.com/howtolacfiel.html

BAC
Oct. 4, 2010, 03:44 PM
Either Dehner or Vogel, can't remember which, has a very easy to follow diagram on their website that shows you how.

hr
Oct. 4, 2010, 07:17 PM
there another sport where adults trade instruction on how to tie their shoes?

I love this!!