PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Width on a Prestige Nona Garson

JimmyChoo22
Oct. 1, 2010, 04:31 PM
My saddle no longer fits my horse (he's had a year off due to surgery & has 1. porked up and 2. grown) so I was planning on selling it once he's back in shape and getting a new one that fits better. I went to a local saddle shop (Saddlers Row in Palatine, IL) & talked with the fitter & she said since it never used to give him problems, there's a good chance we can widen the tree and make it fit him. Because it's a Nona Garson we have this option....my question is, has anyone had this done in the past? I felt great about it and have heard very good, but some VERY bad reviews about this particular saddle shop.

It's making me nervous to go ahead with the process because if my saddle still won't fit after it's done, I'm out $300 and now have a $2,000 saddle that's too wide to fit any normal horse. Currently the saddle is a 32cm tree & it's far too narrow for my QhxArab.

Thoughts/stories/suggestions????

joiedevie99
Oct. 1, 2010, 04:41 PM
I believe Prestige saddles are supposed to be adjusted only by Prestige approved saddle shops. VTO saddlery does it, as does Dover, and I'm sure others- but I'd make sure yours was approved before I tried it.

Mimi La Rue
Oct. 1, 2010, 05:24 PM
I sent mine to VTO. I had it back in about a week in a half. I was very happy with their quick service, however the box they packed my saddle back in was pretty crappy. Half my saddle was hanging out of the box. Imagine my surprise when I found it on my door like that. :eek: All was good though, no scratches or anything, tree was fine and all parts still intact. Whew!