PDA

View Full Version : Devon - Flooding

ToN Farm
Sep. 30, 2010, 07:19 PM
Check it out. Heard electricity is out too.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5430982&fbid=435629542897&id=721527897

I would be outta there pronto. No way would I compete in that slop.

lcw579
Sep. 30, 2010, 07:30 PM
Wouldn't surprise me - the power is out in pockets all over the place. I live down the road a bit and our lights just went out for a bit. Seems like it always pours at least one night.

Bogey2
Sep. 30, 2010, 07:39 PM
oh man, that's too bad. I have been watching the line of storms all day expecting something here. Most of it is slipping northwest of us.

Fantastic
Sep. 30, 2010, 08:12 PM
Oh no! This is so unfortunate, but not surprising for PA and DAD this time of year! About 3 weeks ago, someone had said it would rain for DAD. So, I checked the forecast, and it said all clear. It is no surprise that it ended up raining. Been there many times when it rained! We were going to fly out for DAD, but unfortunately we couldn't. Very sad that I'm not there. Hopefully it will dry out quickly and the footing will recover!

dwblover
Sep. 30, 2010, 08:32 PM
It poured when I went two years ago. The footing was sloppy but it did not seem slippery at all. The horses seemed confident on it. The electricity being out could certainly put a damper on things though! Hope things dry out for them!!!

Tigger67
Sep. 30, 2010, 08:41 PM
I was there braiding today for people that actually showed in hand today (They are way tougher than I am)- I believe they postponed all the test for today.

Emy
Oct. 1, 2010, 11:08 AM
I just heard from our rider who showed in the CDI PSG this morning. The Dixon Oval is basically under water, there is no area in the ring that is not wet. That said, it is apprently not slippery, just splashy.

ToN Farm
Oct. 1, 2010, 11:39 AM
Any scores from the CDI would be greatly appreciated.

Emy
Oct. 1, 2010, 12:21 PM
ToN Farm, I know!! I am dying not knowing what is going on. I am sad there is not live scoring like so many others venues now. She didn't have a score yet but did say Ceasar Para was in the lead with a 69..%

Eastern Promises
Oct. 1, 2010, 12:24 PM
Does anyone know with the flooding and classes from yesterday rescheduled today......when the Grand Prix qualifying will start tonite? I know the site said it was supposed to be 6 or 630pm.
thanks

Plantagenet
Oct. 1, 2010, 03:33 PM
the GP times haven't changed from yesterday's draw