PDA

View Full Version : convertible breast plate?

morganpony86
Sep. 30, 2010, 07:18 PM
Years ago, I found a convertible breastplate/martingale combo thing. You can switch the around-the-neck traditional leather martingale loop for two elastic breastplate straps (that clip to the rings on the saddle), and switch between standing & running martingale attachments (or neither if you so choose). All have simple clips to attach to the main girth attachment, instead of fussing with buckles.
I LOVE it and I can't find something like it to save my life! I want to buy another one for my TB.

Thoughts? I'm currently at the WEG, so I've been perusing all of the exhibitors and have found nothing.

furlong47
Sep. 30, 2010, 10:36 PM
Find a leatherworker to duplicate it for you? Around here you could probably easily find an Amish person to do that, but I don't know about out your way.

Trixie
Sep. 30, 2010, 10:52 PM
Alternatively, you can just buy a breastplate and get martingale attachments.

http://www.doversaddlery.com/martingale-attachments/c/4664/l/3/c2c/ln/

morganpony86
Oct. 1, 2010, 07:58 PM
About how long do leatherworkers take to do something like that? I regularly use the contraption, so if it's going to be a month or longer, that may not work out. But it's definitely an idea; thanks!

And I've thought about the breastplate/martingale attachments, and will look more into that if my search turns up nothing. I was hoping I could find a similar item; it really has been handy for switching between hunter & jumper rings on the same horse.

Irish Ei's
Oct. 2, 2010, 09:10 PM
I believe that item you are searching is a Schooling or Training martingale.

Use those specific terms, I have seen them available.

pattnic
Oct. 4, 2010, 09:57 AM
relocatedtxjumper has something very similar to (if not exactly) what you are looking for. You might PM her and ask what brand it is, or if she knows where it was originally purchased.