PDA

View Full Version : Frederick/Clarke county Va. Lesson barn

SunFire Farm
Sep. 30, 2010, 01:46 PM
Hello COTHer's
My God child lives in Stephens City and is six years old. She has been taking very basic lessons for a couple of years. (I don't think she has learned to post yet) In the coming year, I want to send her a medium pony that I have been raising for her since they were both born and I need to find a lesson barn to install them both into. The child's parents will be paying for the lessons and the board, but I would like the pony to be used in other lessons... both to help lower (or in exchange for) their board and keep the pony in practice while her young rider grows to fit her. This pony is ridiculously low maintenance and has been raised to be a small child's dream.... but would need to be schooled to be shown by more advanced children. (no lead changes) The plan has been that once my God daughter our grows her (in size or ability) this pony will be sent home and I'll send another. ;) Now I just need to find the right lesson barn..... any suggestions? Below is a link to a pic of the pony.....

http://i10.piczo.com/view/q/g/t/q/c/p/k/9/r/g/p/img/i339810972_57086_5.jpg

Mayaty02
Sep. 30, 2010, 02:08 PM
no suggestions but would you like to adopt my daughter? :) Your God-daughter is a very lucky girl!

2hsmommy
Sep. 30, 2010, 08:11 PM
http://www.lockemeadows.com/

Cliffy
Oct. 1, 2010, 10:20 AM
Marti Bigley at Merry Point Farm in Unison is THE BEST with little ones and has a bunch, but not too many. Also has some nice older kids to keep the ponies in shape. Don't know if her web site is up yet, but can provide a ph. number if you are interested. Does local shows and some rateds.

SunFire Farm
Oct. 5, 2010, 09:04 PM
Marti Bigley at Merry Point Farm in Unison is THE BEST with little ones and has a bunch, but not too many. Also has some nice older kids to keep the ponies in shape. Don't know if her web site is up yet, but can provide a ph. number if you are interested. Does local shows and some rateds.

I would love her number.... I looked for a web site and didn't find one.

sarapony
Oct. 5, 2010, 09:50 PM
Stephens City is a bit on the far side from Iona Pillion. She has taught half the kids of Frederick County on a succession of Farnley ponies. And we all, even as grown ups, live in terror of her tiny welsh self :)

You won't find Mrs P online, but a quick google search for her and Berryville or Boyce VA will get you her info.