PDA

View Full Version : Video of Gal and Totilas' WEG GP Special

esdressage
Sep. 30, 2010, 10:07 AM
Absolutely phenomenal! A joy to watch:

VIDEO OF TOTILAS' WEG GRAND PRIX SPECIAL (http://www.horseandcountry.tv/news/video-totilas-weg-grand-prix-special)

Bogey2
Sep. 30, 2010, 10:16 AM
WOW!!! I have goosebumps!

monstrpony
Sep. 30, 2010, 10:19 AM
OH.MY.GOD.

Eclectic Horseman
Sep. 30, 2010, 10:29 AM
Awesome. Thanks for posting!

suzy
Sep. 30, 2010, 11:14 AM
Goose bump producing, awe inspiring, and simply breathtaking—please pass the oxygen.

NOMIOMI1
Sep. 30, 2010, 11:17 AM
Such a willing animal! He NEVER looks like he doesnt want to do a single movement.

Good pony!

MLD
Sep. 30, 2010, 11:42 AM
LOVED it!!!

Especially after the final halt/salute. Totilas was so happy with himself and was loving the cheering crowd.

princessfluffybritches
Sep. 30, 2010, 12:17 PM
THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!!-esdressage. You have made my year. I have tears and goosebumps!
I didn't care for them until I saw this video!
He has listened to the ghosts from the past and done single circle pirouettes, which are stunning. (I hate the 2nd ones) Instead of doing doubles which just don't hold together well in the 2nd spin.
It looks like Gal has separated from "the in crowd". Toto's head spends much of the time infront of the vertical or on the vertical, and to me it proves that the horse is just the epitomy of true collection. It looks like it has enhanced the horse's collection-the front is uplifted, and the back is truly under and lowered, and is so freely forward.
Being that I never really cared for them, I am just so speechless to myself finally seeing Gal let that wonderful horse come through, be so forward moving and correctly collected.
I just had to vent and get that all out! You can laugh if you want, but I have become a true fan of those two.

Go Fish
Sep. 30, 2010, 02:08 PM
History in the making...

Thanks for posting the link.

sparky6
Sep. 30, 2010, 02:25 PM
Stunning. I feel privileged to have seen that.

Bogey2
Sep. 30, 2010, 03:02 PM
It looks like Gal has separated from "the in crowd". Toto's head spends much of the time infront of the vertical or on the vertical, and to me it proves that the horse is just the epitomy of true collection. It looks like it has enhanced the horse's collection-the front is uplifted, and the back is truly under and lowered, and is so freely forward.
Being that I never really cared for them, I am just so speechless to myself finally seeing Gal let that wonderful horse come through, be so forward moving and correctly collected.
I just had to vent and get that all out! You can laugh if you want, but I have become a true fan of those two.

yeah, I heard he reads the COTH forum...thank god for those of you who gave him advice!:lol:

candico
Sep. 30, 2010, 03:15 PM
What is this about the canter pirouettes? This is not the FS where one can choose between a single or double. And FWIW, if you have ever ridden a canter pirouette it is often easier to settle into two because just as you are settling in to the engagement required you have to prepare to get right back out of it. I find the half pirouettes the hardest of all!
And as for cudos to Edward, I do say he has seemed to bring his toes in a bit more so for those absolutely exquisite photos of Toto from the front you aren't distracted by the rider's toes sticking out. Definitely deserving of the Tens!! And the control in the half passes and precision... could go on and on for both horse and rider.

sophie
Sep. 30, 2010, 03:17 PM
Thank you for posting it. They really are an amazing pair. Effortless and correct. Totilas is so light on his feet and yet so powerful. And his rider is just one with him (and yes I know it sounds cliché...but to me that's what dressage is about). Those halts! Oh my!
I showed non-horsey hubby Totilas' video and Mistral's video, and he was awed by the black horse. lol

shawneeAcres
Sep. 30, 2010, 03:31 PM
Wow, continues to be the most seamless pair I have ever seen. My only "critique" is I wasn't wowed by their music choice! But everything else scored high on my scale!

dwblover
Sep. 30, 2010, 06:12 PM
Okay, I'll close my jaw now. LOVELY! That horse has the BEST halts hands down and the extended canter was awe-inspiring. And the piaffe? Well, it certainly is a perfect 10. What a horse and rider!!!

Schiffon
Sep. 30, 2010, 07:35 PM
As mentioned before, this was NOT the freestyle.

The background music is arranged to be basically in time with the gaits as the test progresses, but is not chosen by the riders and is only for ambiance.

princessfluffybritches
Sep. 30, 2010, 07:38 PM
yeah, I heard he reads the COTH forum...thank god for those of you who gave him advice!:lol:

I heard that he only comes here to read your posts :D

alicen
Sep. 30, 2010, 07:56 PM
Errr, people, this was the grand prix special, not the musical freestyle. And as for that inane boring background music, I assume that is added for the broadcasts only. I would like to turn the the volumn off, but I appreciate the commentary.

katarine
Sep. 30, 2010, 08:54 PM
video is gone

Zu Zu
Sep. 30, 2010, 09:00 PM
Where is the video ? How do we get it back ??? PPLLEEAASSEE ~

katarine
Sep. 30, 2010, 09:09 PM
FOUND IT

http://www.barnmice.com/forum/topics/edward-gal-and-totilas-weg?xg_source=activity

well, most of it, maybe

Zu Zu
Sep. 30, 2010, 09:18 PM
FOUND IT

http://www.barnmice.com/forum/topics/edward-gal-and-totilas-weg?xg_source=activity

well, most of it, maybe

Many thanks ~ enjoyed the video immensely ~ :D

Lucinda
Sep. 30, 2010, 09:22 PM
Its been removed again....

mickeydoodle
Sep. 30, 2010, 09:23 PM
Errr, people, this was the grand prix special, not the musical freestyle. And as for that inane boring background music, I assume that is added for the broadcasts only. I would like to turn the the volumn off, but I appreciate the commentary.

the music is played during the performance, it is selected by the announcer/organizers to somewhat go with the horse and the test- sometimes it is right on

Lori B
Sep. 30, 2010, 09:55 PM
Whoever keeps taking down the video, besides wanting to smack you upside the head, I would note that it's not like Major League Baseball, and it's not like there's someplace I can dutifully sit through 12 commercials to have the privilege of seeing this video.

Dang it.

JLR1
Sep. 30, 2010, 10:11 PM
This person on You Tube has posted all of the rides! Yahooo!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mirrabella72#p/a

lalahartma1
Sep. 30, 2010, 10:13 PM
Here's another: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okbTZwS4Q00&feature=player_embedded

Don Raphaelo Rollkurista
Sep. 30, 2010, 11:04 PM
My glass of Cab disappeared as the video did! Oh my!!!!

Elatu
Sep. 30, 2010, 11:43 PM
How about here? The Russian commentator is irritating!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okbTZwS4Q00
And some warm-up footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5U66pIdqb0

Equilibrium
Oct. 1, 2010, 12:05 AM
Well here's the thing, I know from reading the Dressage forum that quite a few people don't care for him. And I watched that performance the other night live, here in bed, in Ireland. I don't care what people say, he is simply breathtaking to watch, and yeah maybe that's because I don't know as much but is it really a bad thing.

Because of Toto, I try and watch Dressage whenever I can.

Because of Toto I actally read the Dressage section in H&H instead of just looking at the pretty pictures.

Because of Toto I have become a fan of Laura B from England

Because of Toto I love a mare called Hunter Douglas Sunrise

Because of Toto I watched a piece on Gribaldi and have to say, his son is quite like him, and I now try and look and get familiar with Dressage bloodlines.

Because of Toto I have a smile plastered on my face during any of his routines, along with clapping, and cheering.

So while he may not be everyone's cup of tea, might not be classical, might seem like a park horse, he is none of that to me. He rocks in my world and I for one am thankful!

Terri

siegi b.
Oct. 1, 2010, 09:46 AM
Thank you, Terri! And believe me you're not alone!:)

Jeito
Oct. 1, 2010, 09:53 AM
Thank you, Terri! And believe me you're not alone!:)

That's for sure :) !

katarine
Oct. 1, 2010, 10:35 AM
He's just fun to watch. That left fore seems a little goose steppy to me but I can't get around the fact he's fun. He seems happy, soft in the bridle, eager and fun. His transition to free walk is just like butter, just EASY, no tension. He gets short in the neck in his 2 tempis but so what, he'll get better with time and age. Good heavens he's only 10.

I just think he's fun and he's good for dressage.