PDA

View Full Version : Experience with MagnaWave / PEMF Therapy

LTLFLDF
Sep. 29, 2010, 09:31 PM
One of my friends recently bought a Magna Wave MW100 machine. She used to be the best horse show mom and her daughter did the hunters. Now her kids are in college she has gotten into showing QH's.

I am willing to try it (1) because she is my friend (2) because if it helps it is one more non medication therapy to keep my horses comfortable.

Anyone with experience using Magna Wave or any other Pulsed Electro-Magnetic Field Therapy?

http://www.magnawave.ws/

Jsalem
Sep. 29, 2010, 09:48 PM
I probably know your friend (Richmond area?)! She got into the MagnaWave on my recommendation.

We've had amazing results with this therapy. It will either help your horse or it won't. I would recommend trying it. On the ones that it helps, I've had it increase stride length, alleviate soreness and identify sources of lameness. And no, I don't own a machine!

We had our "magnawave girl" out this am for a pony that was shipping out for a PPE.

I think it's like a lot of the alternative therapies. Use it in coordination with your regular veterinary care. I've found it to be a great addition.

LTLFLDF
Sep. 29, 2010, 11:33 PM
Thursday is my vet's "office" day so since he evaluated the horse I am having "waved" I am trying to convince him to come out and "observe". He is interested in knowing more about it. I am guessing we both know Amy Braswell.

To give a little background on the horse being treated. We picked her up from the trainer where she had been in "full" training for the past couple of months. Well not exactly. She was picked up and taken to a horse show for my trainer to watch me ride her. I wanted him to see if she was going to be nice enough for the adults. Well her hooves looked horrible (billed for farrier 2 weeks before picking her up) and she was not at all fit.

I knew as soon as I sat on her that she wasn't comfortable. My trainer liked her but we want to see her comfortable before we make a decision.

I had the vet identify potential problems. General body soreness, especially hamstrings and sore front feet that he felt would be resolved with better shoeing and a 1/5 & 2/5 hock flexions. So we are working to make her happy.

So it will be interesting to see if it helps all of the things going on with her.

I will update how I feel the MagnaWave treatment goes.

Kikki
Sep. 30, 2010, 02:48 AM
I have seen it do some good things. The one thing I would always make sure of though is that you don't put it on a horse without knowing what is wrong with it first if you are trying to show it. If a horse presents with a problem, vet first then magnawave. The magnawave can be used as a diagnostic tool (I have an interesting story from a few months ago about it that proved to me its usefulness). Ive had my shoulder done a few times for a tear in it when I couldn't move the darn thing and gosh darnit, it made a huge difference.

sweetpea
Sep. 30, 2010, 09:44 AM
I love the magna wave--- For giving back to the horse for all we do--

Keep in mind I too would make sure I knew why I was using it--
Body soreness yes
Foot Soreness Yes -- My jumper loved when we did his lower legs-- that in effect helped his feet. There was a block they used too for them to step on.

Keep in mind you have got to have a true feel as to the strength of using it.
if you can't read when the horse is actually tense from too high of power than your horse or pony will hate it.

I had a saddle company fit my horse sooo wrong and this therapy brought him back so incredibly.
I have tried on myself ---- AAAHHHHHHH

LTLFLDF
Sep. 30, 2010, 10:36 PM
Amy is headed to the QH Congress. I have another horse I would love to use it on.

I had my vet look at the horse so we knew where the problem areas where. Really body and foot sore. I saw a big improvement. We palpating her before and after. Tomorrow will be the big tell when I ride her.

I will definitely use it again. (and again). I would love to have one but a little out of my price range and then I would be an idea stealer since it is how Amy would like to help support her horse habit.