PDA

View Full Version : Umm, Totilas Sold?

Equilibrium
Sep. 29, 2010, 05:34 PM
BBC coverage said Totilas has been sold and is staying in the USA?

Confirmation and who will be his rider?

Terri

www.HWfarm.com
Sep. 29, 2010, 05:39 PM
This will be interesting!!!

Equilibrium
Sep. 29, 2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I'm finding this extremely exciting and I very rarely visit over here! The USA will be kicking some butt in 2012!

Terri

esdressage
Sep. 29, 2010, 05:45 PM
That's pretty amazing. It would have had to be quite a sale price to swing that deal… very curious to see who the new rider will be, and very happy to welcome Toto to the US!!!!

www.HWfarm.com
It's a long way until 2012, horses.....you never know.

Congratulations to the new owners, let's see how he will develop in the future.

danskbreeder
I heard that too and have been looking everywhere for the news of this. Is it true? Anyone know anything?

ridingarts
Sep. 29, 2010, 06:06 PM
I heard that too and have been looking everywhere for the news of this. Is it true? Anyone know anything?

I have yet to see anything authoritative on it. The NBC sports commentator for the NBC/ Universal Sports live feed made a _very_ tiny mention of it, but then did not follow it up at all. But in that mention he said that the media there at the WEG are talking about it.

There was a rumour last year that he'd been sold, which turned out to be false. So I think I will believe it when he doesn't get on the plane for the trip home, but not until then! :-)

www.HWfarm.com
Sep. 29, 2010, 06:13 PM
There were "rumors" before in Europe and even buyers names were spilled out and then it wasn't true. At the time Visser said " "If Totilas were to be sold we would let the media know,"
So- the media knows now, it must be true?!

fsf
Sep. 29, 2010, 06:39 PM
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/weg/dressage/article.php?id=302392

www.HWfarm.com
Sep. 29, 2010, 06:41 PM
EDWARD GAL DENIES THAT DRESSAGE WONDERHORSE TOTILAS HAS BEEN SOLD

Pippa Roome and Sarah Jenkins, H&H reporters at WEG

29 September, 2010

Dutch rider Edward Gal says rumours that the new individual world gold medallist Moorlands Totilas has been sold are untrue

Edward Gal has denied a rumour that dressage wonderhorse Moorlands Totilas has been sold.

Speaking in a press conference at the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games in Kentucky tonight, Edward said: "I can confirm there's nothing going on."

Yesterday the stallion helped The Netherlands win the world dressage team gold medal, while today he earnt an individual gold with a score of 85.708% in the grand prix special.

carol_okc
Sep. 29, 2010, 09:36 PM
Interesting... according to a friend who is attending, word on the street is a figure of $36million. I guess that could make anyone sit up and take notice.

danskbreeder
Sep. 29, 2010, 09:43 PM
Sorry but that's a ridiculous price for a horse. Even a stallion.

akrogirl
Sep. 29, 2010, 09:50 PM
Interesting... according to a friend who is attending, word on the street is a figure of $36million. I guess that could make anyone sit up and take notice.

Yikes, I was way off in my guess, lol. I was thinking more like $10million.......

siegi b.
Sep. 29, 2010, 10:15 PM
"Word on the street" means absolutely nothing. When's the last time anybody knew the actual sale price of a very high level horse that was not sold at auction? It doesn't happen....

mickeydoodle
Sep. 29, 2010, 10:35 PM
Sorry but that's a ridiculous price for a horse. Even a stallion.

I guess that may be true, but in the thoroughbred world that is small change. Coolmore bought "The Green Monkey" a two year old for $18 million a couple years ago, horse never won anything when it got to the track.

Equilibrium
Sep. 30, 2010, 01:15 AM
Really, I can only think of one horse in the racing industry that might be worth 36 mil - Zenyatta. Course she is to racing what Toto is to dressage.

I'll tell you when the commentators let it slip out. Edward was hugging someone and was in tears. Then it was mentioned that this is a very emotional games for EG as Totilas has been sold and will be staying in the US

So kind of a little more than a slip out. I also thought that if was your last games on a superstar, then you probably would want to keep quiet until all was said and done so you wouldn't be answering the questions iquiring minds want to know!

Terri

Mozart
Sep. 30, 2010, 11:54 AM
I hope it's not true. Gal is a spectacular and sympathetic rider and he deserves a horse like that.

princessfluffybritches
Sep. 30, 2010, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure it's possible to sell him. In Europe, I thought horses like that are something like national treasures. Does Gal actually own the horse?

Carol Ames
Sep. 30, 2010, 12:57 PM
http://www.horseandcountry.tv/news/moorlands-totilas-stand-stud =-O AS TO STAND AT STUD

1 February 2010
http://www.horseandcountry.tv/sites/default/files/imagecache/370xANY/totilas%20banner.jpg
Totilas has taken the dressage world by storm

After much speculation, Kees and Tosca Visser, owners of the dressage sensation and European Dressage Champion Moorlands Totilas, have had a change of heart and decided that the stallion will now be available to breeders for the 2010 season.
The owners had said previously that the horse would be used solely for competition until after the Olympics, which is their goal for him.
However, they have now changed their minds and the black stallion will be available to a select book of mares, on a first come first served basis. Only frozen semen will be available and the stud fee is likely to be somewhere in the region of €5000 to €5500. Compare this to the current top priced dressage stallion, the late Donnerhall - a proven producer of world class horses - whose stud fee is €4000. The stud fee for Totilas is the highest ever seen in the dressage

tands411
Oct. 2, 2010, 10:54 PM
I agree that zenyatta is the best! look at her win today - http://http://videoforward.com/video.php?video=22534

Mardi
Oct. 9, 2010, 11:46 PM
After much speculation, Kees and Tosca Visser, owners of the dressage sensation and European Dressage Champion Moorlands Totilas, have had a change of heart and decided that the stallion will now be available to breeders for the 2010 season.
However, they have now changed their minds and the black stallion will be available to a select book of mares, on a first come first served basis. Only frozen semen will be available and the stud fee is likely to be somewhere in the region of €5000 to €5500.

And no LFG, correct ?