PDA

View Full Version : 12/4 Schooling Show - Which Tests to Use

NCSue
Sep. 29, 2010, 11:28 AM
I'm holding a schooling show on 12/4 through the local dressage club. I assumed that the club would have the 2011 tests for my show but now it has come up for discussion. I know that I would like to use the 2011 tests as that would benefit those who are showing at USDF shows in the near future. I quickly scanned the rules but did not see a specific rule specifying which tests I had to use. Does anyone know? Can you site a specific rule to cover this situation? Thanks much.

JRG
Sep. 29, 2010, 12:15 PM
If I were showing at your show...I would want the 2011 test to be used.

Valentina_32926
Sep. 29, 2010, 12:18 PM
My assumption would be the new ones - valid starting 12/1 - but I'd verify with local show hosts.

SillyHorse
Sep. 29, 2010, 12:34 PM
If the show isn't recognized by the USEF, then the only rules that count are those of the local dressage club under whose auspices the show will be held. If I were you, I'd call an officer of the club and ask.

shawneeAcres
Sep. 29, 2010, 12:44 PM
I would want the 2011 tests to be used! as a matter of fact I would be QUITE interested in attending with my stallion to try out the 2011 first level test 1, but if you use the old tests I would not be interested. If you need the tests they are on the USEF site

Equibrit
Sep. 29, 2010, 01:20 PM
You would be doing folks a favour by using the new tests. It would give them the opportunity to use and practice them earlier. You could actually make it a sales point to drive your entries.

NCSue
Oct. 1, 2010, 05:27 PM
I will be using the 2011 version of the tests. If anyone wants to come ride the new tests and are close to Williamston, NC, the show is on 12/4 at the Sen. Bob Martin Eastern Ag Center. You can find more info by visiting the NCDCTA website calendar.

shawneeAcres
Oct. 1, 2010, 07:50 PM
Defnitely going to put this on my calendar!! As long as it isnt really cold by then, I am a wimp in cold weather!