PDA

View Full Version : Wide noseband for a small pony?

HackPrize
Sep. 28, 2010, 08:56 PM
Just wondering if you guys know of a nice bridle with a wide noseband that would fit a small pony...without going the complete custom route.

I know Pessoa does a wide noseband in small pony but I have never actually seen it in person...any reviews??

keepthelegend
Sep. 28, 2010, 08:57 PM
Aramas does a good wide bridle

llsc
Sep. 29, 2010, 07:12 AM
If you need one for a small pony, the Pessoa's are really nice, especially the wide flat one. I don't think Aramas makes a pony size.

myalter1
Sep. 29, 2010, 08:59 AM
i got one for our small pony - a pessoa. It is beautiful. i think i ordered it from just for ponies.com. I thought I had a picture on my facebook, but then i remembered that it on the reflections photography website. PM me and I can try to get you a link if you want!

ETA i use this bridle every day, not just as a show bridle (b/c i was too cheap to buy 2 and my daughter doesn't ride THAT much). The only thing i don't like about it is that after i oiled it to darken it, now the throat latch is a little wrinkled (does that make sense.) I think i just over-oiled it to make it dark enough for our pony.

keepthelegend
Sep. 29, 2010, 02:33 PM
Aramas does do a pony size. I used one on quite a few smalls.

LovesHorses
Sep. 29, 2010, 04:09 PM
Maybe I got a bad one, but my Pessoa pony wide noseband is crap! Leather is cheap and stiff. I've oiled it lots of time and just don't like the look and feel. It doesn't fit well, either. The cheekpieces and noseband are short while the throatlatch is long.

I really like the Jimmy's and Hadfield's. Aramas is great, but I could have sworn they aren't making them anymore. Maybe I am nuts.

myalter1
Sep. 29, 2010, 04:24 PM
i agree the throatlatch is long. I just thought my small pony was just small.He's only 11.2 and a teeny 11.2 at that!