PDA

View Full Version : Hunter/Equitation Trainer in SF Bay Area?

charliesangel
Sep. 28, 2010, 04:27 PM
nm

Cindeye
Sep. 28, 2010, 05:12 PM
Derby Hill, located at Stanford campus (just off Alpine Rd. exit from 280) in Palo Alto. Vanessa and Buddy Brown got me back showing at 3' again after a 28-year year riding hiatus! They are extremely patient and the lessons are excellent. They are showing at Woodside this week ... stop by and introduce yourself. Or, drop by the Stanford Equestrian Center Red Barn and ask for Nicole Redman, their assistant.

www.derbyhillfarm.com (http://www.derbyhillfarm.com)

Jumpthemoon16
Sep. 28, 2010, 05:48 PM
Derby Hill, located at Stanford campus (just off Alpine Rd. exit from 280) in Palo Alto. Vanessa and Buddy Brown got me back showing at 3' again after a 28-year year riding hiatus! They are extremely patient and the lessons are excellent. They are showing at Woodside this week ... stop by and introduce yourself. Or, drop by the Stanford Equestrian Center Red Barn and ask for Nicole Redman, their assistant.

www.derbyhillfarm.com (http://www.derbyhillfarm.com)
Does Derby Hill offer in-program lease opportunities for those who want to show but don't own their own horses or full lease?

mrsbradbury
Sep. 28, 2010, 08:30 PM
I would contact Laura Gerst, her business is Windy Hill Equestrian, and she's based at Fremont Hills Country Club, not far from you in Los Altos. I am not certain what she has available to ride, but she is excellant with adults.

SnicklefritzG
Sep. 28, 2010, 08:47 PM
The Mackintosh's at Portola Valley Training Center also have a lease program. They may focus more on jumpers (I'm not sure), but they may be worth checking out if you can't find something at Stanford.

mew
Sep. 28, 2010, 09:37 PM
Jan Perice has a wonderful reputation

MR
Sep. 29, 2010, 02:11 AM
Sent you a PM! :)

Cindeye
Sep. 29, 2010, 10:40 AM
Does Derby Hill offer in-program lease opportunities for those who want to show but don't own their own horses or full lease?
Yes. Vanessa's phone number is on the web site. Give her a call or stop by Woodside horse show this week if you would like more information.