PDA

View Full Version : Dressage at Devon Saturday night!

shantihorse
Sep. 28, 2010, 04:40 PM
Hmm.....I'm heading up to see the GP freesytle on Saturday night. Do you think it's worth it to get reserved seating? Or will the General Admission ticket seating be good enough?
And how do you get box seats???

Wahoo first time at DAD can't wait!

Fantastic
Sep. 28, 2010, 05:21 PM
General admission might be okay, or you might be in the nosebleed section. Reserved seating is a good bet. Don't know if they have any boxes left. They were $350 for the entire show. Call: 610-517-0849, but don't know if they will answer during the show. Also check will call. They might be able to tell you something.

shantihorse
Sep. 28, 2010, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the info. Yeah I think reserved seating will be a better bet!

mickeydoodle
Sep. 28, 2010, 11:07 PM
It always (almost) rains buckets for the freestyle, I would try to get a seat under cover if I were you. I have been to several sat. night freestyles where the whole place was under water.

purplnurpl
Sep. 29, 2010, 05:04 PM
suck it up.
lol.

I came up from Texas to spend the weekend with my friend in NJ!

She said, buy general admission and bring your own chairs. She said we will just park on benches or stand/walk around.

Even better...have rich friends that purchase boxes and then mooch!! LMAO. Mimosas anyone? Cheese and wine???

I'm sooo excited!

judybigredpony
Sep. 29, 2010, 07:47 PM
If you want a free bench come EARLY people will start putting blankets and bags on benches at 9AM!!

If you bring chairs set them up close to fence unless you have high directors chairs.

Its been a virtual dead zone yesterday and today, way less from last year, enties in breeding classes very light across the board.

I do believe we are not expecting rain this year although tomorrow will be a downpour we were warned.

Newer shops on midway, new set-up. Some old staples not there.

I knew when I upgraded from my nosebleed box to front row grandstand I needed scuba wear!!!!

But you can BYO vino,beer,cheese n crackers.....umbrellas optional.

shantihorse
Sep. 30, 2010, 04:33 PM
Ok, I'm getting the bring your own chairs idea! That's a good one, I think I will buy General admissions and do chairs. Then spend the saved $50 on my horse!! I mean that's atleast a nice saddle pad or 2!

And umbrellas, got em in the car already!

As for friends with box seats....anyone have some room in their box and want to be my friend?? Heehee! We are good company I promise!

See you all there!! So excited. Never been before and can not wait!

Kelly in NJ
Oct. 1, 2010, 11:51 AM
General admission might be okay, or you might be in the nosebleed section. Reserved seating is a good bet. Don't know if they have any boxes left. They were $350 for the entire show. Call: 610-517-0849, but don't know if they will answer during the show. Also check will call. They might be able to tell you something.

Boxes went up to $425 this year...Haven't been $350 for some time!

Also, the VIP parking pass is not included with the box, it is $50 extra.

shantihorse
Oct. 2, 2010, 12:57 AM
So what's everyone wearing to Devon tomorrow day/night?
Is it reagular horse show attire (polos and nice jeans?) or is it a bit fancier? I want to dress up a little but don't want to stand out! Any thoughts on a good look!!???

irishequestrian29
Oct. 2, 2010, 01:18 AM
can't wait ill be going! I have a friend that has extra tickets so hopefully we'll be under cover, as far as attire, im gonna wear this awesome sweatshirt with an artist painting of a jumper(very cool looking) got it at HITS this yr, and jeans, its gonna be chilly tomorrow night, id rather be comfy and warm then stylish and cold! I haven't been in a couple years to DAD we go to DHS every yr. Im only hoping to see some good competition, im just afraid everyone is at WEG, i saw a couple names i noticed on the rider schedule though. Either way it will be fun =)

Maude
Oct. 2, 2010, 09:51 AM
My husband and I get the same box every year (in lieu of a summer vacation). We invite friends to come with us and have a great time. We wear jeans and sweaters or sweatshirts, drink our wine and beer out of plastic cups and eat Devon food. We go to watch the horses not to have people watch us. Some people go all out, dress up, drink wine out of glasses and champagne out of flutes, have a big spread of food, etc. Too much trouble for us horsepeople who have to scramble through chores to get there. To each his own. Dress warmly in layers, and have FUN!