PDA

View Full Version : Finally done shopping - new pony prospect is finally home

Perfect Pony
Sep. 27, 2010, 08:49 PM
I went back and forth about saying anything, but so many people via the COTH forums were so helpful in my horse/pony search over the past many months. I received so many wonderful PM and emails, so many great tips and leads, and so many people were there for me virtually during the heartbreak of dealing with my mare, and the difficulties shopping for another horse when they had such big shoes to fill.

I started with (for me) a big budget and big dreams, and after looking at horse after horse realized that I just want to have some fun for a while. My search morphed from a fancy dressage prospect to searching for just a nice partner to trail ride on.

Those who know me personally will know that it is a real shock to have ended up with a Connemara pony! several people from the COTH were kind enough to refer me to a wonderful breeder close to my house who has several full and part-bred 3 year olds for sale. I feel so lucky to now be the proud owner of a wonderful 14.1hh 3 year old purebred filly. I cannot believe I bought her, but I truly could not be happier.

Big thanks once again to all the people who helped in my search :) Today is hopefully only the beginning.

Oh, and for the photos, I will get some more but here are the sale photos, and some pic of mom and dad!
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2542633620104500765mZIDGn

TuxWink
Sep. 27, 2010, 08:52 PM
Looking forward to your photos!

Perfect Pony
Sep. 27, 2010, 08:55 PM
Sorry I added pictures, I forgot to add the link!

Zu Zu
Sep. 27, 2010, 08:57 PM
Congratulations ~ ENJOY ~

MelanieC
Sep. 27, 2010, 08:58 PM
Yay yay yay!!!!! She is gorgeous. I am so happy for you. Be sure to keep us posted on your progess!

Chaila
Sep. 27, 2010, 09:10 PM
Wow. You really did find the Perfect Pony!

Yaay! Welcome to Club Connemara! I can't wait to hear more about her.

Peggy
Sep. 27, 2010, 09:14 PM
She is adorable. Great eye. Practical color.

Based on my (limited) experience Connemaras are versatile, safe, durable, and generally fun. A friend's client bought one that was 5 at the time, brought it home, and it sat around for about a week while it rained. They then dressed it up for Christmas caroling, complete with tying bells in his tail, and took it out with a group of horses on pavement to go caroling. He was a star.

Dressage-ryder
Sep. 27, 2010, 09:37 PM
Kali, I am so so so happy for you! I loved this filly from the moment I saw her and I am thrilled you two found each other :) :) :)

Can't wait to see future pics!

E

esdressage
Sep. 27, 2010, 09:38 PM
Congratulations! She's absolutely lovely!!!

I'm just a big ball of smiles about the two COTHers on the dressage board who found their perfect horses/ponies this week. Woooohooo! :D

Somermist
Sep. 27, 2010, 09:45 PM
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy her.:)

InsideLeg2OutsideRein
Sep. 27, 2010, 10:00 PM
Oh yay! BIG congratulations!!! : ) Your filly is adorable!!!! And best of luck in your journey together.

Pocket Pony
Sep. 27, 2010, 10:56 PM
Can't wait to meet her! Mac will be all gaga over her when he sees her, ooooooh la la!

NorCalDressage
Sep. 27, 2010, 11:06 PM
ADORABLE!!!!

Love her color - have seen Brigadoon show dressage around here in the past - cool stallion for sure.

Congrats!

mbm
Sep. 28, 2010, 12:20 AM
yay for Connemaras! congrats on your purchase :) it will be fun to compare notes as we bring our ponies along :)

BaroquePony
Sep. 28, 2010, 08:21 AM
Posted by Peggy:

Practical color.

:yes:

She is really cute. I love ponies. They will keep you on your toes :yes:

exvet
Sep. 28, 2010, 08:37 AM
Ditto what BaroquePony said and then some. Congrats on your find and many good rides to you.

leilatigress
Sep. 28, 2010, 08:59 AM
YAY Grats!! Glad you found your pony!

netg
Sep. 28, 2010, 09:17 AM
Congratulations! Awesome that you found the perfect pony. :) Enjoy, and I can't wait to read more updates!

She's just adorable. Nice build, movement (at least from those photos), and just such a kind eye!

monstrpony
Sep. 28, 2010, 09:50 AM
My search morphed from a fancy dressage prospect to searching for just a nice partner to trail ride on.

Ha! Methinks that, in the fullness of time, you will discover that you got both!

onthebit
Sep. 28, 2010, 01:18 PM
Ha! Methinks that, in the fullness of time, you will discover that you got both!

I was going to say the same thing! We have a connemara retired here and he was sound and working until he was 21, and only retired b/c his owner wanted him to have a chance to just enjoy life and be a horse (hard to find lots of turnout in the metropolitan area where she lives). He is a lovely mover and has a wonderful mind and temperament. I think you will be surprised at how far much you will be able to do - and do well - with your new girl!

Grasshopper
Sep. 28, 2010, 03:09 PM
Big congrats, she is lovely! You really deserve your perfect pony after all the heartache you've been through over the past...what...8 years?

(Has it really been that long? We met some years ago when I was still in CA, and I think you had Vegas then?)

Anyway, may you have many happy years together with this beautiful girl. :D

sar2008
Sep. 28, 2010, 03:17 PM
She is BEEEEEEA-utiful!! Congratulations and enjoy!

poltroon
Sep. 28, 2010, 03:19 PM
So happy for you!

I hope you have as much fun with yours as I have with mine... and perhaps we'll see you out and about at the shows next year.

People always smile at me when I show up at a dressage show on my pony. And yours has the cool color to boot! :-)

Perfect Pony
Sep. 28, 2010, 03:27 PM
I just spent my first alone time with her today and I have to say I am totally and completely in love with her! She had never been off the property were she was born, but jumped right on the trailer, hauled brilliantly (with mom...) and got off calm and cool. This morning i was greeted with nickers, and we went exploring all around the property, she seemed very excited to be on a new adventure. I board at a busy boarding barn with 100 horses, 4 arenas, and all manner of things going on and nothing really phased her. Her favorite thing is standing in the middle of the busy atmosphere and being admired :)

I am fully embracing my new role as the crazy 40 year old lady with the pony. I actually have some company at my barn as there are a few other 40-somethings with Halflingers, GRPs, and Welsh Cobs at the barn as well. And they seem to be the ones having the most fun.

poltroon
Sep. 28, 2010, 04:01 PM
I am fully embracing my new role as the crazy 40 year old lady with the pony. I actually have some company at my barn as there are a few other 40-somethings with Halflingers, GRPs, and Welsh Cobs at the barn as well. And they seem to be the ones having the most fun.

That's me too! :-)

R D Lite
Oct. 7, 2010, 02:49 PM
Congratulations! I hope you two have many, many (uneventful!) years together. :)

WBLover
Oct. 7, 2010, 03:45 PM
Congratulations!! A good friend of mine breeds pure and part-bred Connemaras and they are WONDERFUL horses (ponies!). Nothing but super temperaments and HARDY.

Enjoy!!! :)

Reiter
Oct. 8, 2010, 12:42 PM
Connemara's are great little jumpers. Maybe you can take up jumping or eventing! :)